Sinister: yellow four-fingered struan? doh!

GardeningAtNight at xxx.com GardeningAtNight at xxx.com
Tue Feb 22 02:58:21 GMT 2000

christopher said:
<< Did you know Black Eyed Dog by Nick Drake was recorded just before he
 died? Someone told me a while ago and everytime i hear that song, i feel
 this emotion that i havent been able to identify. I'll keep you all
 informed. >>

If the date on the album is correct, then it was recorded the same time as
Voice From the Mountain, Hanging From a Star, and Rider on the Wheel.
February of 74 I think.  Which is a shame because those are some of my
favorites of his.  I feel that sort of emotion too.  I can't imagine him as
ever being a real person for that reason, I think.  It's just like an old
legend told over and again.

Tonight while engaged in my ritual of watching the Simpsons (two episodes
back-to-back every night, which is a dream come true) Homer and his friends
made it to the Superbowl.  After Dolly Parton busted them out of Superbowl
jail they snuck into Rupert Murdoch's private glass box thing and ate all his
food.  And then Rupert came back and made policemen appear out of a cloud of
smoke to chase them out of the room.  Homer yelled "Murdoch!" when he ran
away so now I'm always going to associate Stuart M. with magically appearing
policemen.  Which isn't so bad, it's just kind of odd.  But somehow I think
that B&S would fit in well on an episode.

I really need to get out more, before I actually start writing a B&S episode.

Samantha