Sinister: You look like a piece of birthday cake, dear! Too bad everyone's had a piece...

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Tue Feb 22 05:09:30 GMT 2000

Oh! I must say that I'm quite excited to be in charge of the bookshop in
Sinister Village. When Honey suggested that we all move to a farm, I got put
in charge of the milk maids (since I grew up on a farm and was the only one
who knew anything about milking.... cows.)  The bookshop seems to be a lot
more subdued and more suited to me anyway. Instead of marking books with
"Oprah's BookClub" stickers there would just be "Laura Literary List"
markers on the book. Yes, very nice indeed!

I was thinking that I'd have a HUGE religion section right across from a
GIGANTIC homosexual section. Maybe make the aisle a bit small. That way
people looking at the opposite sides would have to brush into each other.
I'd put it close to the door so that if anything got out of hand I could
shoo them into the town square for a nice row. I wonder if there are any
Southern Baptists or Jehovah Witnesses in this village? (They seem to be
everywhere else...) From what I've seen, they're better at bible bashing and
full out heated religious wars than others (though I must say that Mormon
missionaries are by far the *cutest*. BTW, I must say that Christopher was
dead wrong about Christianity dying a very quick death. 2,000 years in the
making and it's not going anywhere soon. Sorry to disappoint you, old pal.)
Who says a bookshop can't be a place of excitement too? But I shall need
help you know. *Posts a "now accepting applications' sign*

If there is a beauty shop, I think it should called "Curl up & Dye." This
was the name of one on some crappy Julia Roberts movie (didn't realize one
of those existed, didja?) I saw the other night. Really, I've seen better
film on teeth.

I had to wait until after midnight to send this post because the main reason
I'm writing is to wish MARIE ELIA a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Yes, sinister
children, today is Ree's 22nd birthday! I've always thought that she was one
of the loveliest lasses of Sinisterville.  Never have I encountered such
foul mindless perversity! I wonder if she's ever considered a career in
politics? No, really, she's wonderful! This isn't just because she's dark
headed and from the eastern US (a sure sign of greatness indeed). But she
also has great taste in boys -- Blake (very dreamy) and Paralis Jared (who
said, "My parents don't wear enough leather for my tastes."  If I ever make
a list of things that I never want to see, I believe that my parents in
leather will be at the top of that list. But whatever floats your boat,
Jared.) Not only that but her posts are always chalked full of smut and
other great things. To prove this point, I went back in the archives and
picked out my top 5 Marie Elia moments.

5-- "Anyway, how did i spend my saturday night, if not listening to mercury
rev/sparklehourse, like i shoulda been? Well, a trip to Barnes & Noble, of
course... Thirdly, i hereby recommend The Little Prince (anotine du sainte
exupery -- i'm sure i spelled that wrong."  {Note: This was before either
the Literary List or my sinister bookshop so Marie is absolved by not
'taking advantage' of either one of these. FYI, it's Antoine De
Saint-Exupery with an accent over the e in the last name. A good quote from
that book is, "And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only
with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to
the eye.")

4--  "But they gave me a purple lollipop, and who can be upset with a lolli
in her mouth? (erm, yeah...)"

3--  "Sarah, your fish is begging to be called Shaft. Easy as that. Ain't no
mo-fo in the fishbowl going to mess with him with a name like that. But I'd
advise keeping the lady fishes away, you know what I mean?"

2-- "Oh, and tinky-winky made his way in there about 3 times!"  {*Laura Llew
blushes* Don't ask me what she was talking about there....}

and the number one excerpt from Marie Elia's posts is.......
1-- "(although i CAN crochet -- oh geez, i'm so cool, yeah?)"

{Notice knone of that knasty knitting is mentioned, eh?}

Anyway, here's to most charming, loveliest girl Marie! Of course, if someone
were having a seizure in her bathtub, she'd throw in her laundry...

Love & a Jim Croce mix tape

Laura

PS- I have used all of my now very limited computer time writing this post.
So, if I owe you an e-mail or a diatribe on Tristam Shandy, a thousand
apologies. And *tight hugs that leave you breathless* to the boy who
introduced me to ennuni & called me an old woman. hehe. You couldn't get rid
of me so easily. *sticks out her tongue*

******
-Go look at all the hard work the ever witty and brillant Jan Imgrund puts
forth into making LL's Lovely Literary List:
http://perso.club-internet.fr/jimgrund/litlist.htm
- Don't give into Amazon! Support your local bookshop or independent ones on
the web like http://www.seekbooks.com/default.asp?storeurl=PoorRichards

"When I die, I want to go peacefully and quietly in my sleep like my
grandfather did - not screaming and shouting like the passengers in his car
at the time."