Sinister: That's complete village!

Chris Jones chris.jones at xxx.uk
Tue Feb 22 21:45:51 GMT 2000

Can I organise a village cricket team? We can play on a parched common
which has circles in the corners where the fairies have been, and hoof
marks from the horse that has no owner. We can play friendly matches
against local pipe smokers in the height of summer. Jen can help me
organise the teas. Cucumber sandwiches, chocolate slices and butterfly
cakes. All the partners can come and sit at the side, clapping
appropriately, making sure the children (and Erica) get up to no mischief,
and occasionally mending grazes. Oh, I can smell the freshly cut grass now,
hear the children laughing, feel the sun beating on my back as I patrol the
covers. "Well bowled there sir, that's good cricket all round!". Afterwards
we all meet in the pavilion for a post match pint and natter before getting
off home to watch the sun set.

Chris Jones.