Sinister: I want to drive around in the Lotus 7

Colin Mowat colin.mowat at xxx.net
Wed Feb 23 00:09:11 GMT 2000

Tuesday 22 February 2000
23:35

Velocity wrote:

For that reason a lot of sensitive sinister souls will
have to be committed to the local
               MeNtAl HoSpiTaL
so... we need a loving, caring soul to run it...
                    any ideas?

Well that's right Velocity, but can I suggest that in such a community a
mental hospital would do more harm than good. The mental hospital idea
should be abandoned in favour of a community mental health worker. Community
support and the support of the community, now doesn't that sound better than
a hospital bed and a straight jacket in a padded room. A psychiatrist can be
forgotten too, as psychotropic drugs will not be required ( the side
effects - yuk!).

OK, I'll take the job - sounds great.

point 1 - i want a stethoscope to hang around my neck, it'll have no purpose
but I always looked good in a stethoscope (beats a tie any day).

point 2 - I'll need a big house, say ten rooms, then if anybody is finding
it just too difficult to function they can always move in with me for a
while until they can get it together again.

point 3 - ECT machines are expensive so I'll need about 5 feet of electric
flex with a plug on one end and two exposed wires at the other. Forget
anaesthetics - transcendental meditation will do.

point 4 - looks like some villagers may need life long psychoanalysis - too
difficult so I suggest 35 copies of DIY Freud, 24 copies of DIY Jung and 10
copies of DIY Lacan in the Library

point 5 - certainly a lot of behaviour modification will be needed so I
suggest a giant rats maze be built in a nearby field.

point 6 - I want to drive around in the Lotus 7 (KAR 170C? is that right?
it's been so long) not the mini-moke.

all that comes to mind at the moment, but I'll keep two neurones linked
together with the thought to see what else arises.