Sinister: That's complete village!

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Wed Feb 23 04:38:17 GMT 2000

In a message dated 2/22/00 4:56:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
chris.jones at saqnet.co.uk writes:

<< Can I organise a village cricket team?  >>

If the Sinister Village is to have sports, can we organize a Sinister
basketball team?  I know its none too popular outside the US, but it would
give us "vertically enhanced" listees a place to go.  We won't play in a gym
because thats too fancy, so someone will have to build us a nice outdoor
court and a few benches so we can put our ghetto blasters down when we're
playing.  We can also put up a chain link fence around the outside so the
people not playing can lean against it and look really "hard."  It will be
great, trust me.  If that falls through I'll enlist on the football team,
'cause I was a fair middie back in the day...
As for an occupation, I'd like to head-up the Sinister Village's Department
of Tourism where people can take tours of the city or at least be advised
where everything is.  It sounds totally mundane and irrelevant but its
something I'd actually enjoy doing.  I picture this village to be alot like
the Smurfs village and I don't know why.
Speaking of basketball, the other day a young guy came to play at our court
and he looked EXACTLY like Struan.  I'm talking the spitting-image of the
guy.  He was quiet and polite and went about his business on the court pretty
quietly.  I had a heck of a time trying to make myself play hard defense
against him because I kept imagining I was blocking Stuart Murdoch himself
and I just couldn't bring myself to do that.  If any of us actually got to
sport against any of the B&S clan I bet we'd find it hard to beat them.
I have a vinyl of an old band from Washington, DC called Rites of Spring that
has "I love it when you try not to laugh" etched in the run-out groove.  I've
always pictured this couple doing the etchings and flirting the entire time
and then one of them etches that onto the record just to make the other
laugh.  I hope thats what happened, but its probably not.
Love and stoichiometry

Steve C.