Sinister: Feeling rather strange.............

Smith, Matthew m_smith at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 23 09:32:57 GMT 2000

Helloooooo

This is my first post (good, glad that's out of the way!)

It's so bloody intimidating having to read all these amusing and witty
peoples posts for God knows how long before you can post! I actually
"graduated" months ago but have never had the guts (or anything interesting
to say!) until now........

Actually, if truth be told, I think I'm still a little drunk. Went for a
quick pint after work and ended up trailing home at 2 in the morning. I'm
still in that "pre-hangover" stage and so I'm trying to make the most of it!

The one thing I did genuinely want to ask was (wait for it...)

Has anyone else noticed the complete inaccuracy of the sleeve notes on all B
& S albums? I can't work out whether it's some attempt to infer artistic
maverickness or just slackness (I don't think either of those are actual
words, but never mind!) on behalf of Jeepster. Do forgive me if this has
been covered before, but as I say I have been "listening" for some time now
and have not heard anything to solve this riddle!

Can I please be the Sinister Village cabbie? I quite like the idea of
driving around all day picking up interesting and attractive people and then
driving around some more! I'm sure real cabbies are going to disagree with
this insight into the cabbies world but I still think it's quite a romantic
idea (not to mention an occupation involving the minimum in physical
exertion!)

I won't make this too long as I don't want to shoot my bolt (if you will)
too soon!

Matty

"And clenching your fists, for the ones like us who are obsessed by the
figures of beauty, you fixed yourself, and said well, never mind, we are
ugly, but we have the music" - Leonard Cohen