Sinister: Bring Bring

Sarah Clarke starpiekat at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 23 19:24:23 GMT 2000

Dear chickens,

time to write!!

The Sinister Village, eh? When I was at college, my friends and I were really
really fucking bored one day. And we made up our ideal world, based in Da
Church Street area of Preston, and it was fucking fun. Does it work on a more
international level? If anyone cared, I ran Action Records, except I would
rename it something BETTER like..."Arse Muscle Damage Nappies Beatz
International" - and I supplied the music for my friends resturant and my other
friend Gavins nightclub. Called "Gavinos". My friend Lucy would run a Welly
Making Factory, and an ice-cream van, and I can't remember what everyone else
did. We even made a map!

Then we went for an egg mayonnaise buttie from Tescos. They're the best! We
didn't have any riot grrl shops, oh oh, though I did own a junk/old clothes
shop, and a 2nd bookshop...oh and also a basement where there was lots of free
jazz and you couldn't enter unless you were wearing a black polo neck like
KEITH WATSON, or some other BIG POOF.*

Etchings! On "You've got my number - WHY DON'T YOU USE IT", by the Undertones,
"Derry - the Home of Punk Rock" is etched on the little...bit which is
un-grooved. And whats the legend behind "Porky Prime Cuts"? Someone told me
once that there was a story behind those etchings but I can't quite remember
it. Damn I'm going to have to check this out when I get home.

Incidentally, the best two 7"s I bought a few days ago, were the Fall doing a
cover of THERES A GHOST IN MY HOUSE, and a beautiful song by Velocette. And the
best mid-90s dance CD that I bought was "Sunshine" by "Berri". It does not SUCK
ASS.

How interesting to hear tompaulin are playing in Manchester land this week. I
meant to see them on Saturday, but decided to go antiques shopping instead. I
nearly bought a dog on wheels but it was 18 pounds!! 18!! So on a matter of
principle, (no money), I left the dog behind. Who wants a fucking twee fucking
MOUNOSKYLO on wheels anyway. Bah. Either way, I will be in Manchester land this
Saturday, so theres another chance to miss them. Hurrah!

Last time I looked everyone was complimenting each other round here.

That aint my style.

Fuck off!!

Oh dear. Thats one less potential boyfriend. Perhaps one day I'll sweeten up.
Its a shame to realise no-one else is full of hate and quite likes other
people, innit? Oh well. I do like most of yers. So there you go. At least
you'll know I mean it when I say I like you.

I like Peter Miller. I bet he can do a good monkey.

Bye then!
Love Sarah
xo

* Or footstool.

=====
"But just remember, when your teacher told you to always find a home for stray animals, she wasn't referring to your rectum." -- DNA Mag-AZINE.