Sinister: bedhead and a sleepy smile

christa NOGOODNIK at xxx.net
Wed Feb 23 23:31:38 GMT 2000

hello again, list.

its been a while, no?  i've been watching you all.  i've been peering in
your windows with my high-powered binoculars and rifling through your trash.
i've been storing up information on you all in my animal-trap-like brain.
and now its time for me to show my face once more.

so i get the all-important job of Sinister Village Record Store Proprietor.
i'm so honored!  i guess my time in indie-record-shop-land was well spent,
after all.  i know several people i'd like to have as employees.. i'll send
you all job descriptions, and you can send me your resumes.  i plan on
having huge sections devoted to Sexy Singers, German Drinking Music, and
People Who Smash Instruments.  and in-store appearances by all of our
favorite popidols.  just to feel the vinyl again... the "clickclick" of
people sifting through CDs... oh yes.  indeed.

you all are a wordy bunch, and frankly, i like it.  you make me laugh, you
make me cringe.  that's the sign of a good community, and its refreshing to
see not much has changed.  we can't expect all 12xx of us to feel/think/live
the same, now can we?  isn't there some trite verse about variety?  feel the
love, people.

how long can a "return to sinister" post be?
just about this long....

this world makes no sense,
christa