Sinister: football training...no muddy boots thank you

rachel tucker rachel at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 23 23:56:41 GMT 2000

if i'm going to be in charge of the sinister football team, let's make one
thing clear. i do not tolerate...only having 2 (and a half) players!!!  so
far we've got steve c in doing a magnificent holding job in midfield, mark
'I've got just the right sort of spunk
to penetrate even the tightest boxes (!)' casarotto err, scoring the goals,
and umm, me on the right wing until someone who can actually run
applies...so c'mon, whatcha waiting for? you're guaranteed a game...

<rachel is having flashbacks to the weeks before the start of this season
where oxford united had a squad of 12 - including a couple of cripples - to
start the promotion (oh the ironic optimism) push with...surely us sinister
kids can cobble together a better team than the mighty yellows...please???>

...and i'll bribe you with a colouring competition to decide the strip (but
please, not red), my supermarket (the real life one) is doing two for one on
packets of mars ice cream bars!! it's not really winter... imagine, 8 mars
ice creams for £1.99...or for free if you design the nicest
shirt/shorts/socks combo, come on you know you want to....

i witnessed a colleague (god i hate that word, but i'm not calling helen a
friend cos she's a bit of a bitch and NEVER lends cigarettes) walk out of
her job today. it was wicked...i think she watched QAF2 last night (wasn't
it ace? tho, yeah the ending was a bit weak)...she stormed into the cash
office, ripped down her eddie irvine (yuk) posters, walks out of the
warehouse with everyone nervously following her, stands at the front of the
shop and cuts up her staff discount card, turns on one heel while giving the
one fingered salute and leaves. wow.

it was magnificent.

i wish i could do that. i wish i wasn't miss reliable, who'll probably never
ever leave. i know i don't do much, but i'm always there. i would love to
just go, in a blaze of glory. i nearly did once, but only because of a
highly charged and frankly hilarious argument with my ex boss about the
warehouse door and a jar of tomato juice...we ended up in the pub. so much
for my resignation...

i had other stuff to say.

i really shouldn't start these posts so late, i can never remember what i
wanted to write about.

hmmm.

okay, just time wasting now

<overdue stuff to do: 7 essays to write, 1 piece of coursework to do, 2
shakespeare plays to read. 4 days of half term left. bollocks. yet again i
have resorted to sophisticated evasion techniques (i.e more sophisticated
than staying in bed all day). tomorrow, definitely>

nothing to say, so

lovin' and leavin' you

rachel xxx