Sinister: top of the whack to you

mike windisch windisch24 at xxx.com
Thu Feb 24 17:32:06 GMT 2000

greetings sinizens gentle and perverse,

earlier, Mark *thinking outside the box* C noted that

<< anyone selling a mailing list of the members of Sinister could expect top
whack for it - over a thousand educated, computer-literate, mostly young
punters, a marketeer's dream.>>

which caused me a moment of reflective amusement pondering some of various
manifestations of value that "top whack" holds across this spinning orb...

believe you me, some mental pictures, regardless of the profundity of their
perversity, are likely best left to dwell in reverie...

but TOP WHACK conjures visions of excutive-level booty smacks, or dare I say
it, a reverently firm spank upon the derriere of the deity. the highknee of
the most high, if you will.

on a scarier note, i learned today that in the world of tommorrow,
(which as that scarlet afroed orphan is so fond of singing, is only a day
away)  those geniuses behind cable television will have sufficient
demographic information on every amerikan household to individually taylor
what adverts are piped into yr boob tube.

when this marvel of marketing prowess comes to pass, i can scarcely imagine
what sorts of tripe will come streaming out of my idiot box during simpsons
commercial breaks.

aside from the no brainers - babelaiden beer commercials, credit repair
infomercials, and harranging pleas from the Dr. Gene Scott ministeries to
send them a box of greenbacks poste haste or suffer immediate and extra
uncomfortable damnation- (indian burns, wedgies,titty-twisters, and worse)
i'm actually scared to see what sort of filth my demographic profile dredges
up...

...fuzzy wuzzy animated characters extolling the virtues of controlled
substances, the complimentary best-of box set complete with early demos that
comes with every hedge trimming from the Billy Idol lawn care service, and
outcall service from the Major Badass chain of short-term personal drill
seargants who - as their jingle refrains - will help you get your shit
together or feel the love of steel-toed boot leather across that lilly white
ass you pantywaist nancy boy, now drop and give me fifty, hup hup hup....

needless to say, boob to the business world on this development.

----------------------
sin-city

all this chatter about the sinister hooville makes me pine for bike lanes,
cobblestones, open-air rummage sales, a rolling munchie wagon brimming with
tomato pesto brie sandwiches farmhouse beer and decriminalized cannibus,
friendly bums who can talk for hours about the golden age of hoboing, a bar
with a fire pole inside, lots of lovely folks with sly mischevious grins
always on their face and romance never far from their minds, happy elderly
couples strolling hand in hand and chuckling about how the follies of youth
are the fodder for growing old gracefully, community cats that frolic
wherever they please and outnumber the tailless two-legged fools who feed
them, a real live jug band with washboard and spoon percussion, lots of
dodgy-looking alleys that empty out into idyllic meadows and streams, daily
columns from nick currie on the diner's placemats, and an innovative
calendar that makes everyday both saturday and payday.

----

at any rate, i'm outta steam, so you'll be spared the irono-poetic
description of the pigeon's i saw making love on the way to work monday
morning.

and yes, bob is my uncle

windisch