Sinister: It is the true nature of man to learn from his mistakes - Fred Hoyle

Llywelynapgwilym at xxx.com Llywelynapgwilym at xxx.com
Thu Feb 24 21:21:53 GMT 2000

Names. What is in a name? Quite a lot actually. Here goes: three days ago my
sister had a little baby, *aah*, and she's decided to call her "Isabella
Catrin Augusta Lynn". Now, Catrin is a really pretty name (it's Welsh), and I
don't have too much against Isabella (I might even call her Belle) but
Augusta just reminds me of golf. I do, however, have to be a little grateful
when I think that the other names being considered were Saschia and Taloola.
Now these were just little gripes that I was going to keep to myself, but I
read an article in The Times section 3 (the English Times) entitled
"Fettucine, please don't fidget" addressing the issue that "wacky names are
all the rage for posh parents", and it's true, where are people going to get
off? It's not that I have a problem with odd or different names (just look at
mine for Christ's sake), but I do have a thing against names like "Fifi
Trixibelle" (-Paula Yates and Bob Geldof), "Elijah Bob Particus Guggi Q
Hewson (-Bono and his wife), "Missy" (-Damon Albarn, I mean come on... Miss
Missy Albarn!) or "2la" (-a real middle name), because I hate it when people
try to be different or cool just for the sake of it. You just have to look at
Zowie Bowie... he's changed his name to Joe. Good on him.

Well I'm sorry if I've offended anyone who's called Wisteria (a flower) or
Cumulus (a cloud), and for my over use of quote marks, and I'll be even more
sorry if my sister reads this! Sooo,

Lots of love and hugs,

Ttfn,

Llywelyn    xxx

"If there was only one truth you could still make a hundred paintings of it"
- Pablo Picasso