Sinister: Queer as F***

Martin Robinson martin at xxx.uk
Fri Feb 25 14:53:08 GMT 2000

Hi folks, especially queer ones,

Blatant list abuse about to appear I'm afraid, but as the TV programme
known as Queer As Folk has been heralded in these parts I would give you
all the opportunity to *WIN* the jeep from the series, 2 tickets to San
Francisco (probably a shit prize if you're from San Francisco) and lots
of Queer As Folk goodies. Obviously, it's not me giving away the prizes
it's The Terrence Higgins Trust, and it's all for charity folks. One
English pound per raffley type ticket. Mail me if you want one / some /
loads. I know this isn't entirely practical over email netty things, but
bollocks to practicals, unless it's in St Trinian's biology lessons or
something. I guess I can write you name and address on them and you can
owe me a quid or something. So then you can drive down in a queer jeep
shouting queer things queerly at queer folk. What fun...

Now to bury the list abuse in a heap of rhetoricus nonsense. Umm... but
I won't go on about being the king of the fish people as apparently
that's made Lixi think I'm a village nutter. I was just telling things
as I see them, through King Fishy eyes. Ummm... oh I know I'll talk
about The Byrds, they're great, Gene Clark is a songwriter
extraordinaire, Mcguinn can pick a 12 string, Crosby sings like an
angel, Notorious Byrd Brothers is a top album even though Gene had long
gone, when he made Gene Clark & The Gosdin Brothers which is a fantastic
pop album. Sorry, that was all in aid of getting the boy Moore to go and
listen to some nice 60's pop. Run along Moore, do as your told... And
while I'm writing to individuals I have just remembered that I haven't
posted Mr Dean's Gene Clark tape so could you send me your address again
Mr Dean as I've since moved. Sorry.

Without over-doing the sorry's, though I'm English so it's impossible to
apologise too much, I'm sorry again for the above drivel, but it is
Friday so I should be and want to be in the pub... well that's my
excuse.

Te ra,

Martin

ear confection recordings
(http://www.send.demon.co.uk)

p.s. Slugs really can't ice skate. I don't know why they bother...