Sinister: Are You Scared To Get Nappy?

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Feb 25 18:51:12 GMT 2000

I've got a new Miles Davis album, "Someday My Prints Will Come". He's
taken his film down the chemist's to get it developed and now he's
waiting for his photos to come back. Good old Miles. "This Life" has
got a chapter called "Miles Smiles" but it hasn't got a chapter called
"Miles Runs the Voodoo Down". Bit of a missed opportunity there. It's
so easy to read that it's like not reading at all. Still, I feel that
it's helping me get inside the mind of Young Britain.

I've been trying to get a job translating sado-masochist website. They
invited me to have a look round to get a bit of a feel for it, but I
could only see the bits that "guests" can see, but there was a site
map. They have a kind of agony aunt service, and there was definitely
something in there about arse muscle damage. Sadly, I wasn't allowed
to read it, but if I get the job, you'll be the first to know all
about it.

Sinister Portmerion - will there be any civil disobedience? I'm not
going if not. This album by The Scream really does go up to eleven,
doesn't it? How do they do that thing where they make an electric
guitar sound like a big fucking car that's just slammed its brakes on?
Can you do it on an acoustic guitar? Or does it sound like a toddler
falling off his trike? Will there be golden copulations in the streets
at Sinister Portmerion? I do hope so. Fucking in the bushes, things
like that.

Thanks to Mark for helping me out with Bob the Builder. You really are
a diamond geezer.

I've got headphones on so I don't have to listen to the stupid fucking
neighbours, but the floor vibrates anyway. It doesn't half get my
goat. I'm listening to "Ooh Child" because it was on "Ally McBeal" and
I found it deeply moving. I also found Fluffy's monkey-related comment
deeply moving the other day. Martin, put my name down for one of those
arse bandit raffle tickets, will you?

Peter