Sinister: of trux, hair and duct-taped badges

Robyn Fadden rfadden at xxx.com
Sat Feb 26 02:03:18 GMT 2000

sinners one and all,

someone made my mind go off on a tangent with the mention
of big hair and b&s. which made me think that along with
upside down badges as identifiers, sinister types could
make their hair very big and wear tight black jeans at all
times. it's quite the identifier. but you might get beaten
up looking for a tiny upside down badge on that part of the
population whose actual style this is. even at indierock
shows. oh. abandon plan. abandon now.   it's hard to get
people into tight jeans, i think. maybe it's just that
you'll only wear tight jeans if you're born in tight jeans.
 anyway, i'm going to a rawk show tonight and tight jeans
are on my mind perhaps b/c of this.

also, i've got to tell you something about duct tape.
it keeps the badges on, just duct tape the hell outta the
back so the sharp bit stays on. and duct tape is silver.
silver is always good. ALWAYS (don't even try to negate
this, b/c i won't believe you.) it goes well with bright
spring colours too, like a nice transition from the grey
and black of winter. in fact, i'm wearing light orange with
shiny grey pants and silver cardigan right now!

and peter miller said, "they make an electric guitar sound
like a big fucking car that's just slammed its brakes on"
which begs repeating and to be a call out in some metal mag
with ads for monster truck shows, porn and beer hats.

which i mention because i went to a monster truck show not
too long ago. a motor extravaganza to be exact, held inside
giant and very grey and cement cold and harshly overlit BC
Place stadium. TRUX!!! oh, it was so good and strange. and
loud! i had big fluorescent orange earplugs in, but the
serious people had big headphones from army surplus
stores... my favourite truck was "monster patrol", simply
for the word "patrol" (well, also b/c the truck was orange
and purple and rawked w/ abandon) like, i'm going on
record-shopping patrol, or movie-patrol, or what. it's
good, really, use it. and one more thing about monster
trucking, b/c really, it had a big effect on me and not in
some ironic or anthropological way, but in a genuine, this
is the world, this is how things can be sometimes way.
there was a streaker! yes, he ran naked but for his white
sneakers, the full length of the stadium only to be tackled
at the other side by security. awesome.

so, this letter seems to be very skid-oriented... um. but i
have been listening to a lot of magnetic fields lately. ah,
good. i'm trying not to let the sin-city occupy my mind too
much as it's yet another level of reality to add to what
i'm trying to deal with already. but who am i kidding. if
someone draws a map, i will look at it for hours. and then
go into some kind of paralyzed mind-fucked state due to
mini never-to-be-finished essays taking the controls.

funny that the whole Y2K thing just was so forgotten when
nothing happened. i mean, it's like all that freaking out
never happened and it's la de da da da. just something i
was thinking (obviously...) so what if the leap year proves
disasterous? it's too bad the village can't be up and
running by feb 29 (you know, the apocalypse.)

You really do make my head spin in such ways.
Robyn

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Vancouver, BC