Sinister: A sinister shop, for sinister people

Grace Howarth sugarbum1 at xxx.com
Sat Feb 26 13:07:37 GMT 2000

Greetings,
I have just been considering the state of the rapidly growing sinister
village when I realised that, unless I am mistaken, there is not yet a
corner shop.
I have tried in my own little way to promote the good old local store for
many years by shopping in a small grocers shop as opposed to the large chain
store stylee supermarkets.
The sinister village could mark a turning point in the sorry tale of corner
shops.
The choice of stock would of course need much careful consideration , but I
imagine no-one would protest to ample amounts of sherbet lemons, toasted tea
cakes and large pots of birds eye custard.
Rather than investing in trolleys, customers could be given wicker baskets
with checked table cloths to cover their purchases with tus making the
weekly shop an enjoyable experience.
As much stock as possible would be stored in large glass jars behind the
counter to increase its attractiveness and tempt shoppers into parting with
cash.
The possibilities for transforming the genre of supermarket music are
endless.
With all this food for thought I don't know how I'm going to get any work
done today, but I will try, with my future as a sinister store manager as a
very worthy incentive.
au revoir mes amies
Grace