Sinister: one round week

invisible_boy invisible_boy at xxx.net
Sun Feb 27 21:14:55 GMT 2000

Hello sinister,

It's been an odd week. And ironicly, considering the content
of my last post I've been feeling downright low all week.
Not depressed, you understand (although there's a bit of
fuzzy defenition there), just kinda sad.

I think the point it started was on monday morning waiting
for the bus to work. Overnight one of the plastic panels on
the bus shelter had been kicked out and was laying on the
pavement. All the people, me included, just kind of stood
around it and prentedned it hadn't happened. Is this just
something english people do? I really couldn't bring myself
to move it out of the way. It was really awkward.

Apart form that I've been sad at work becuase I've seen
people work their arses of to produce something management
has asked for, only to be later told that they'd changed
their mind and could you kindly redo it thanks. Sad because
I see Big Issue sellers having to put up with crap from
drunken charvers. Sad becuase I saw a guy knock an old
persons basket out of their hand in the supermarket and not
stop to help her pick up her potatoes. Sad becuase all the
bus seats are slashed. Sad becuase the guy who served me in
the bank was clearly too ill to be at work but was there
anyway. Sad because of the junkmail I get telling me that if
I send them a fiver they'll send me 10,000 quid and I worry
for people that actually do. Sad becuase today at 2 in the
afternoon today I saw a kid sniffing glue in the churchyard
gates. Sad becuase I almost had to physically assault two 8
(or something) year olds to stop them beating the crap out
of an even younger kid.

Happy becuase when I went into a guitar shop the other day
the guy was friendly, interested in my needs, and I was able
to chat with him. Happy becuase when I phoned up for train
times the lady on the phone sounded so jolly (I hope she
was). Happy becuase my brother sent me a tape. Happy because
sometimes I just feel happy. Happy because a lot of the
sinister posts made me smile.

All the things that made me sad are such small things but
all so easily avoided it's fightening. I mean it's no nieve
and simple and chiched to say that surely it would be better
if people tried not to piss each other off too much, but
honestly, how hard can it be ? How difficult is it to say
please and thank you ? It matters. It makes a difference.

I really hope that you can see where I'm coming from. I'm
sure you do.
It's not supposed to be a down-note. I'm only saying it's
better to smile.

Fucking hippy.

Kev
---