Sinister: help me jeebus!

GardeningAtNight at xxx.com GardeningAtNight at xxx.com
Mon Feb 28 22:34:58 GMT 2000

germy jeremy said:
<< Talking of which, Keith M shouted from the rooftops:
>american beauty is the worst movie ever
but he was wrong. >>

So, is it good or is it crap?  StuD and wee Karn didn't like it I know, and
everyone I've heard either says that they love it or they hate it.  The only
reason I've got a sour feeling about seeing it is because of the hype, which
really is an awful reason.  But then, I'm probably just bitter because it was
nominated and won a million times over my favorite movies of the winter,
Being John Malkovich, Man on the Moon, and The Talented Mr. Ripley (which
I've seen twice and I'd like to nominate as the in-house movie at the
Sinister theatre.. is there one yet?).  And why was the Great Beyond not
nominated for best original song?  Phil Collins can piss off, he's crap
anyway.

the thoughtful boy then said:
<< Finally, let's all hope Samantha gets better soon. You should have
consulted the
 *sinister* doctor, dear, in our village :) *He* would have diagnosed strep
 throat. Or at least given it to you. >>

Who's the doctor?  Or are you being sinister and not saying it's you when it
really is you, and then going ahead and saying that he, which is you,
should've given it to me?  You're such a cheeky monkey.  I like it.

But anyways, I'm better now, yeah.  Just in time to go back to school and
face 7 teachers, each of whom thinks their class is the most important.  I
about drove myself insane worrying about each upcoming class, especially
photography in which I missed the darkroom demonstration.  I thought I'd love
this class, but my teacher's a real *moke* and makes me feel like a complete
klutz (which I am, but she should at least be sympathetic).  I'm working with
a partner now and we've not even developed our film yet, whilst everyone else
in the class is already making contact sheets.  We just whisper to each
other, "do you know what we're supposed to do next?"  And we never know and
are too afraid to ask the teacher.  I want to transfer to a school in the
Sinister village.  Or at least switch to Ink Polaroids.

Tony said regarding buying Nick Drake a pint and having a chat:
<< but this is exactly what he was like - happy, laughing enjoying a pint and
smoke in the local, the myth of the melancholy loner is only half the truth.
How he became lost is a mystery even to his closest friends. Read Patrick
Humphries' biography for more insight... >>

That book is one of my bibles, I love it.  But I still feel like
chris_t_opher does about Nick.  Because all I know about him is from the
stories I've read and the music, which is otherworldly on its own in a way,
everything regarding his life just seems like a dream to me.  There's only
one interview with him personally that I've ever read and there's only that
small bit of recorded spoken word.  There's nothing solid about him, even
looking at photographs.  And it's all from so long ago (at least to me, I was
born 10 years after he died).  It's hard to explain but I think you
understand.  I think that if I actually saw Tanworth and his grave, he might
seem realer.  I hope so at least.  And I hope that there's a good deal on
airfare so my mom will agree on going to England for spring break.

Samantha