Sinister: I used to say dumb things, I guess I still do.

Alasdair Cook MC1996 acook at xxx.uk
Tue Feb 29 17:03:14 GMT 2000

Just a quickie ooh er missus etc etc.

I said:
> And I'd quite like to be on the footie team, if
> Lucy will let me and if my dodgy knee ever gets better. The idea of Lucy
> as big Ron Atkinson is one I find strangely appealing...

Then I had a Nick Dastoor moment while brushing my teeth that night when
I thought
'hang on, I said Lucy didn't I, and it should have been Rachel shouldn't
it?'. I think it's because they both talk about football a lot.

And I also said:
> two new listees I like:
> Samantha for her email address

Though somehow the rest of that sentence, which was "and her charm and
wit and intelligence and general loveliness and all that" got deleted by
my stupid computer. I'm such a moke.

Colin:
>as I said nostalgia..............so what's your nostalgia?.........come on,
>don't be shy!

Early Abba albums when on holiday in Arran. But nostalgia's not what it
used to be and all that.

Jeanette:
> In my spare time, I'd like to volunteer to help Steve C. with the
> basketball team. I could be one of those trainer-types who helps the
> players stretch before the game. Oh, yeah.

I'm already imagining conversations in the the Village:
Jeanette: Hi, I'm Jeanette
Stranger: Oh, hello, and what do you do?
Jeanette: I help the basketball players stretch before a game
Stranger: Nice job!
Jeanette: 5 Dollars a night
Stranger: Not much
Jeanette: I know, it's all I can afford.

Anthony:
> So tell me something, should I give up on Yo La Tengo,

No, just buy "I can hear the heart beating as one" and have your faith
restored. And the new one is very nice in places, though a little dull
in others.

This has turned out longer and less interesting than I intended, so I'll
go.

Alasdair xx