Sinister: How I spent my new year's--A student essay.

Brandt Fundak bfundak at xxx.org
Mon Jan 3 14:00:19 GMT 2000

I would just like to start this message off by saying Laura Llew has lost
it (or maybe never had it) and that I find her New Year's resolutions
quite advantageous. I think the idea to succeeding at your resolutions is
to make your goals attainable. As a result, I have resolved two things:

1. To take chances this year and actually live for once in my life.

2. To stop using Microsoft products when home computing.

See? Attainable goals.

Anyway, my New Year went something like this.

Listened to Belle and Sebastian all the way on my drive from Cleveland, OH
to Bowling Green, where my chums would be having a party. Ran into my
friend Ben.  Drank coffee with Ben. Got free soup at the coffee house.
Went to my friend Keith's house to buy a video game off of him and ended
up peeling apples and staying for a vegan potluck dinner. Went back to
Ben's house. Ate a "mad" brownie. Went to party at Ginger and Ed's.
Listened to loud bands and whigged out. Went to my brother's to ring in
the new year (and in a very clever moment, some of the guests tripped a
breaker and made the power go out--simulating a Y2K disaster.  All I could
sit and think to myself in the dark was "But I was so right. Nothing was
going to happen!" Then the power came on again and I had to watch the
incubus Carson Daly ring in the new year and then have No Doubt butcher
the end of the world as we know it even though we know that's a big load
of crap.)  Anyway, shook off most of the brownie at my brother's, then
popped back to Ginger and Ed's. Ended up sleeping at my friend Becky and
Brandi's house and then went home the next day. Boring eh?

My Belle and Sebastian resolution is not that the release a new album, but
that they tour. Specifically tour the US. When told that they would not be
touring last year, it was said, "the band wants to know would you rather
have another album or a tour?" meaning that a new album was on the way.
But it wasn't, so since you didn't give us the album, give us a tour.

Then again that breaks my rule of attainable goals right?

Brandt