Sinister: my new year's eve story

heather emes micro_groove at xxx.com
Mon Jan 3 15:54:18 GMT 2000

hello to everyone residing in sinister land.  i hope all is well with each &
every one of you.  i just wanted to tell the tale of my new year's eve.  the
day started with me poking my head out from under a ton of blankets,
anxiously watching the news for rising signs of mayhem.  i stared at the
tube for an hour before i headed out to work.  i was preoccupied with
impending doom all day, & for no reason at all.  the thought never even
crossed my mind before then, except in jest.  i worked until 3:00 p.m.
(well, if you consider playing "buffy's stake house" & talking to my friends
on the phone working, then i was busting my hump) & had decided to go to the
party i was invited to.  i was leery about even leaving the house after
dark, but i figured i'd be surrounded by good people & my ever-loyal
security blanket, mr. alcohol.  the party was jumpin' & the bass was
pumpin'.  i haven't had that much fun in a long time.  for once, i did a lot
of mingling & was kind of disappointed that the major reaction to the query,
"1999 was a pretty good year for me, how 'bout you?", was, "IT SUCKED."  but
i refused to let my friends' lameness spoil my spirits, which i drank an
awful lot of.  i slinked around, with a bottle of pink champagne in one hand
& in the other a noise-maker which i held like a cigarette, kissing people
on the cheek & wishing them a happy new year.  then the cutest thing ever
happened at midnight.  my ex-boyfriend (who 2 & 1/2 years ago completely
obliterated my heart, twice, but has since been a good friend & the best
disco date ever) asked me to kiss him.  so i did.  it was precious.  after
that we all danced to really bad music, but i had a good time by myself with
a new toy.  someone had brought along a black plastic hat with some cheesy
new year's  2000 saying on it & so i grabbed it & proceeded to bust michael
jackson moves with it, singing the wrong lyrics to "rock with you" & "billie
jean".  then my friend christopher stepped on it & broke it.  from then on i
told a few people i'd get their phone numbers before they left, repeatedly,
& never did, played fussball badly, & somehow ended up a mummy wrapped in
electrical tape.  how i got upstairs like that i'll never know!  almost
everyone slept over, which is good, because we were all very dangerously
intoxicated.  all in all, it was a great start for the year 2000.  how 'bout
the rest of you?

yours truly,
heather e.