Sinister: sugared teeth, gums that bleed....

Steve Kado steven.kado at xxx.ca
Tue Jan 4 15:26:03 GMT 2000

dear people who are all cut from the same cords as i am. (subtle tom
lennox allusion)

actually, i havn't worn cords for about a year or so, now i wear
work-pants because the creases never go out, which i think is SUPER!
they also come in set colours with matching shirts and ties so for
instance: today i was all grey man! which was ULTRA!  my cousin Miroslav
is from the Ukraine and he pronounces ultra like OOL-TRAA! it is much
more exciting when he says it.

i went to montreal for newyears.

here's something fun to do on new years:  go to a party.  drink booze.
leave with a friend.  go to bar, do not pay to get in.  go behind the
bar and get a mug, pour yourself a coffee and then go around to the
other side of the bar and sit down on a stool.  sober up a bit.  play
with the beer taps from your stool.  leave (the place you go in and do
this in should be lame). go to someplace that you have every reason to
believe will be a good place to be but is infact terrible.  get hit on.
make pleasant, if irrelevant conversation with this person who is
hitting on you.  remark how there is no good soymilk in montreal and,
really, how do they get by without a great deal of soy around.  comment
on the fact that salt ruins your loafers.  make little sense.  then
leave.  go home tired with your friend who is also crashing at the same
house you are crashing at.

also in montreal i hung out with the lovely and great EA Hotstepper and
we went shoe shopping!  you see EA needed some shoes for that evening,
but her shoe concerns were superceded in my mind by my own lust for
footwear.  not only do i own more shoes than any other male of my
accquaintance but i went absolutely nuts over ANOTHER pair of white
loafers (which would bring me up to 3 pairs) and i almost did my
consumer's duty...i have a thing for white shoes, who knows why?  i wear
them long after labour day...it could be residue left over from my Gene
Kelly 'parapluits de cherbourg' phase of fun pastel clothing ...who
knows.

i've decided that shoes with laces on them are a dumb thing and only
old-school converse hi-tops and boots are alowed to have them.
everything else should be a loafer or at least velcro.

i was also really sad that Curtis Mayfield died. i liked him better than
james brown...that says alot really.
what i always noticed about Curtis' solo stuff was that the bongos in
the fast songs were always amazing and performed such a huge
function...just imagine get on up without the bongos...it would sound
generic and bad, the bongos make it wonderful.  like the way the maracas
make sonic youth sound good, when without them they just sound sort of
redundant.  i think BandS need more bongos..they;ve already had some in
the Dog On Wheels version of 'state i am in' but they need more moRE
MORE!  -->MORE<--

oh..and i got an edward gorey calendar for christmas.

yay.

steven kado