Sinister: she said she's an angel.... that's not a woman at all

Corpora Arenacea lonelyhighway at xxx.com
Wed Jan 5 23:13:53 GMT 2000

And I thought I was the only person in the known universe who liked "Can't
Hardly Wait."

I watched it in a theater on a military base. I wasn't thinking, so at the
start of the movie, I saw Whitney Houston come on screen and start her
version of the "Star Spangled Banner". I thought it was a promo for
something, so I just slumped lower in my seat. Then about thirty seconds in,
I looked around and noticed that the whole theater was standing at
attention, hands on hearts.... and glaring at me like I was Sacco and
Guevara. Now, I couldn't just get up in the middle, and you know how
Whitney's version is.... fucking like a full 7 minutes and 42 seconds of
melisma and quote-unfuckingquote soul. Not a highlight. I'm surprised they
didn't string up my pinko ass during the intermission.

I heard today my brother got laid on New Year's Eve. I did not. This is in
direct contrast to last century, when I had all the sex and my brother did
not. I hope this is not the start of a nasty trend.

Instead, I walked from one end of London to the other. I couldn't find my
friends, so I was all alone. Single men in glamourous fur coats were
apparently in short supply, as I got kissed by more girls than in the whole
rest of my life combined. And because I was all alone, I played an angel
game, too. I made like I was the angel of death, stalking the streets of
London, and that every girl I kissed would die in the next twenty four
hours. Eventually I started kissing some guys, too, just to even it up a
bit.

I'm back in Washington now. Siiigh. Hello to all the kind people we met in
the Poetry Cafe. For once I got to be the good cop. Hope I wasn't too
speeded up by the eight cups of coffee I drank before getting up to
introduce myself.

Love you all. Happy New Year.

                                    -Eran