Sinister: Please let me wonder...

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Sun Jan 9 18:01:17 GMT 2000

Wow, its been ages since you've last seen the likes of me around these parts.
 About a month ago I ran out of things to say, and although this problem
still lingers I've decided to override it and post anyway 'cause I'm dead
bored.
I hope everyone's holidays were nice.  My friend left for Italy on a school
trip a few days after Christmas, so I'm sure his New Years was good.  I spent
mine sucking on a huaka and a keg with a few friends, which was nice and all
but its the same thing I do every weekend.  I kind of wanted to bring in 2000
in a different way than I bring in every other Saturday morning, but it was
not to be.  While my friend sat somewhere in Rome hopefully having the time
of his life with a young Tuscan blonde as the ball dropped, I listened to
"Alan Alda's Millenium Phonecall" which for some reason was broadcasted
across the globe.  You can't win them all I suppose...but ALAN ALDA?!
I changed majors at the university this week.  I had been planning to major
in history for as long as I care to remember, but I eventually grew out of
that.  Now I'm an Environmental Science major, which I suppose is about as
far from history as one can get these days.  I'm betting that the Chesapeake
Bay is going to be a goldmine for Environmental Scientists in the next few
decades, so why not capitalize on that?  It beats sitting in stuffy
historical societies trying to peice together events that happened hundreds
of years ago while your own generation falls apart.  Billy Corgan once said
that looking either backward or forward was a way of avoiding the present,
and I guess he's right to some degree.  Then again, he wrote Starla so I
guess anything the man says should be taken as a revelation.
I kinda like the idea of this new B&S package, especially because we can all
buy the cases and not have to double up the discs.  I'd like to see the cover
art too.  They've done blue, red, yellow, white, magenta, green and orange as
album colors so I wonder whats they've cooked up now?  I'm guessing
purple...anyone else care to chance?  Anyone know whether the discs will be
the same ones we all have or whether they will have different art as well?
Did any UK listees catch Guided by Voices when they came over a few months
ago?  I know they did a few nights in London in either Sept or Oct.
Well, the Terps game is on...later

Steve C.

PS- George Dickie: Wario is my new MarioKart man.  I think its either for the
way he yells "Fire!" or "Waaaaaaa!" or a combination of both.