Sinister: if either one of us could drive...

marie elia littlearsonist at xxx.com
Sun Jan 9 23:30:44 GMT 2000

[ree yawns.  rubs her eyes.  swings her feet out of
bed and stumbles toward the door.  opens it...]

where am i?  i don't think we're in sinisterland
anymore...  oh, we've moved.  hmmm.  [looks around.]
needs a little paint (and what's wrong with pink,
michele?  :))  and maybe some spider plants (cuz you
can't kill those) but i think it'll do.  maddest props
to honey for getting us through near-disaster #2 for
the year.  does this count as this year?

right right.
christmas came and went.  new years involved merlot
and tropico, a little champagne, and some polaroids.
do yrselves a favor and hide from the kid at the party
with the polaroid camera, because chances are he's
staying sober just so he can capture yr drunken arse
on film.  nothing like finding a stack of polaroids on
the kitchen counter the next morning.  oh dear.

my dears -- Actual B&S Content Ahead!  warning!
warning!  ....  i spent this weekend in boston with my
best friend, whose nickname is bean, so it's
appropriate that she lives in "beantown."  anyway...
friday night we headed to the upstairs lounge only to
be out-styled by all the pretty kids in boston.  but
we danced and danced, and we were about to leave when
the dj put on some pizzicato 5, and so we danced some
more.  and then... and then...  like a whisper, the
first strains... "summer in winter, winter in
springtime..."  struan's lovely voice drifted over the
croud, dispelling the smoke and causing at least one
girl (who was Not Me, incidentally) to jump on her
friend and scream with joy.  i merely sang along and
danced around like it was my own little party.  why
the dj picked that short little song, i don't know.
but new order came next, so the dj still gets props.

and then... and then...  the next day, bean and i
wandered around boston, peeking in record stores and
stationary stores...  and we hit up a newbury comics,
and as we perused the records, the beginning of "the
state i am in" seeped through the speakers...  they
were playing all of tigermilk, and i tried to get my
friend to stay at the store for the whole thing, but
we only made it through "i could be dreaming" because
the longer we stayed the closer we were getting to
justifying buying more records...  i had sworn to buy
only one, and since she had snatched up the only copy
of the lucksmiths' "good kind of nervous" earlier that
week, i ended up getting operation heavenly.

mmmm, belle&sebastian in public twice in two days!
boston must be magic.  even if they don't have
tigermilking nights.  now i am safe and sound in my
little new york town, and i am happy to be all moved
into our new sinister home.

i've given up on being wary about the new album (what
with all this talk of non-stuartM tracks) and i've
just gotten plain impatient.  i'll have to busy myself
with the records i splurged on from parasol the other
day -- nothing like material substitution for real
love and happiness, eh?

xoxo,
marie

=====