Sinister: Mop-top Mamas

xstensionchord at xxx.net xstensionchord at xxx.net
Wed Jan 12 21:23:16 GMT 2000

I am glad many reconstructed Pop's image on these lovely electric
letters, in response to my "pissed off post" about Beck's criticism.  My
main point was and is, Pop music was created for the masses. It is run
by tons of promoters and executives (ALL of who's focus is SALES) who
don't even have a clear notion of the physics of music, but focus on the
'Tao of Business'.
    We have such wonderful modern bands like B&S, Pavement, and The
Smiths as testaments to their personal reactions to the traditional pop
scene. The traditional pop scene starting in the 50's til
(enter your scientific/critic-laden date here)
 This is why you hear the words Elvis, Beatles (I speak of only there
early work), , Led Zepplin and all other famous white men doing what
black men have done behind the scenes, being cited as influences.
   This happens because of purely the packaging it's put in.  World-wide
there could be dozens of guys  singing out the most heart felt and
beautiful cries in their garages on a cheap mic, but they aren't seen as
heroes or influences.
  MY POINT-- Pop Music cannot be fully debated and defended since it's
roots are in money and the blooming media. It's based in luxuries not
necessities.

Misinterpret this post as you wish.

" Being cynical went out a decade ago, Humor just shows what I'm hiding,
so therefore I take the road of a confessed romantic. "