Sinister: 10 Roddington Place

Ailsa Ross ar981611 at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 13 10:54:18 GMT 2000

Yes, that Steven Mackintosh *is* rather nice.  Even in some programme or
other I saw late one night where he was a transsexual in horrid clothing
(why do transsexuals/transvestites always wear the clothes that no
self-respecting woman born a woman would ever wear?).  Does he look like
Mick Cooke though?  Well, I guess he does.  I'd never thought about that
before.  His (SM's, not MC's) appearance in Undercover Heart for me was
rather overshadowed by the fact that he only appeared to own one jumper
which he wore for the entire series.

I care not a jot for this old music/new music debate.  Cos there's lots
of old stuff out there I haven't had a chance to listen to (I'm lately
dicovering the joys of sixties bubblegum pop) and all this pesky new
stuff keeps getting in the way and distracting me.  Can't we just stop
and give me a chance to catch up?

Archel mentioned the gorgeous ***** (no names then?) and I can vouch for
his general loveliness as said ***** gave me a real proper original
Electric Honey copy of Tigermilk for my birthday.  Which is nice.
Actually it goes beyond nice by quite some considerable way, but I
thought I'd be terrifically passé and quote the Fast Show cos even
though it was last year's thing and popular culture dictates I should be
quoting Ali G or something, Johnny Depp likes the Fast Show and he's my
favourite actor this week.

Didn't Isobel's arse look big when she was filmed from behind on the
Tube?  The folly of wearing inappropriately shaped overgarments, eh?
Does this mean I have to send a photo of Isobel's arse now?  I hope not.
For a start, I haven't got a wide-angle lens.  Ho ho.

*author's note* - the last paragraph was intended as a joke.  It may be
unfunny, but amusement was the intention. I suppose I should have got
Alasdair to write it had I really wanted it to be amusing.  Anyway, I'm
sure Isobel is a lovely person, and that her arse is perfectly in
proportion with the rest of her.

I'm not sure about this box set malarkey.  Why don't they just
re-release the CDs individually if they are that difficult to get hold
of (which I'm sure they aren't since Jeepster are still selling them
on-line, I must confess I have no idea if you can buy them still in
shops as I haven't really been looking)?  Or is the new packaging a
snide attempt to fleece innocent but well-meaning (or just gullible)
punters of their hard-earned cash in order to subsidise studio parties
for special background effect, and keep the band members in spangles and
ginger beer for a while while they try to justify taking fifty times as
long to come up with this album as they did with the first two.  It's
not even as if they aren't sharing the songwriting workload.  Or
touring.  Hmmmm.  Luckily, patience is a virtue I actually possess
(probably the only one).  But it's wearing a little thin.

Happy New Year, folks.

Ailsa xx

PS receiving compliments on my posts from ian is rather like Noel
Gallagher receiving compliments on his lyrical sensitivity and genius
from Struan.  But thanks anyway :)  It worked.