Sinister: yet another excerpt from the recent chaiers du cinema

Steve Kado steven.kado at xxx.ca
Thu Jan 13 14:24:08 GMT 2000

i'm only mentioning this because you seem like appropriately twee people
and you would know these things.

does anyone remember an animated tv series called 'the green forest' or
some such?  it had a bunch of forest creatures (rabit, badger, bluejay?)
having various adventures... the theme music repeated "...in the green
forest, the greeeeen forest...." several times.  since christmas eve i
havn't been able to get that out of my head.  i keep thinking and
thinking about it....arg.

also, if these are available on video tape i'd love to know about it...

i just got a vcr.  its great. (or grate as the tendency around  here
seems to be)

one of the first movies  i rented was Mr. Freedom and so to whoever
criticized beck's sexlaws video for just being a terry gilliam rip off i
have this nugget of information:  NO! it is in fact a complete Mr.
Freedom rip-off.  and this makes me aproximately 38 times cooler than
you because _I_ know about obscure ex-patriate american
photographer/directors who live and work in france and make obscure
movies satirizing american culture/foreign policy and you don't.  the
movie even has a serge gainsbourg cameo...that is how cool it (and i by
extention) is (am).

of course i wouldn't know shit about it if it werent; for my friend ben.
who is superfrenchman incarnate.

otherwise cinematically i've been all about watching kung fu and bizzare
vietnamese music videos with the sound turned off and stereolab on the
hifi and seeing how it all synchs up.

and zardoz.

ZARDOZ

Z-A-R-D-O-Z!!

perhaps sean connery's finest movie ever. it really highlights his chest
hair and manly physique.

odak nevets