Sinister: Wee as well as Twee?

CHRIS LEAK chris_leak at xxx.uk
Fri Jan 14 08:34:12 GMT 2000

Hi

I'm now back at work after Christmas and feel
strangely compelled to comment on B&S merchandise,
especially given all this talk of "twee" being banded
about.

Not long before Christmas I sent away for my Brown Bus
T-Shirt (medium) and awaited eagerly for its arrival.
The big day day came and unfortunately so did probably
the smallest garment I've ever purchased. Now I'm not
the largest of people (I'm only 5ft 8" and of smallish
build). Foolishly (and somewhat out of pride) I forced
the garment over my head. As I've mentioned I'm quite
slightly built and this description extends to my head
which is perfectly in proportion with the rest of me.
After a titanic struggle the garment popped down over
my head, covered my stomach to just below my navel and
I was left feeling like I had a Frank Sidebottomesque
sized head.

Somewhat dejectedly I have sent the garment back and
had it replaced with a large which is still a bit on
the small side but my new year diet will soon sort
that out!

Anyway, my question is: are all B&S fans stick like in
their stature? Or am I just a lot larger than my self
image?

Bless

Leaky

P.S. With all this talk of twee and kitschness, has
anyone been to the Tiger Lounge in Manchester? I
imagine a lot of list subscribees would like it.