Sinister: i remember the days... a reply to the Jen with the cold and PE teachers

idle berry idleberry at xxx.com
Fri Jan 14 13:39:40 GMT 2000

> I've had Photo Jenny running through my head all
> day. I started singing it in
> a silent english class, and I was really really
> embarassed. :)

could be worse. trust me. IT JUST COULD. I have fond
memories of having stevie wonder songs stuck in my
head when I was at school and chasing the boys and
singing them to them until they agreed to be my
boyfriend (providing I let them look up my skirt at
afternoon break). mind you, I was six years old.

> Is there going to be a sinister meet up in Glasgow
> that doesn't involve pubs
> and stuff and that's not too late, because if there
> is, I'd like to come and
> I won't be any trouble, I promise.

pubs are smokey and I've quit smoking.

> I wore a skirt to school today. There was a  really
> cool boy I know on the
> way home that I like, and I said 'hi' to him, which
> was very brave for me.
> And then I whispered to my trusted friend " Barry's
> nice, I wouldn't turn him
> down", and she screamed it out at the top of her
> voice, and he heard, so I
> ran away.

look, I hate to be snobby about these things, but I
don't like the name barry. Fine if his surname is
white. But Baz....oh dear. Conjures up nasty images of
car windscreen stickers. Plus I went to school with a
barry and he was nasty to me. So were the Donna's I
went to school with. scary screwball perms and
liquorice red lipstick. And Livi accents.
I always thought the name Jasmine was nice...if I had
a baby girl when I'm old and stuff. Or for a cat.
depends what happens when I hit thirty. baby or a cat.

When I was at school stuff like that frequently
happened to me. I'd fancy a boy and someone would tell
the world, and 'd spend the rest of the school year
hiding somewhere in the library and denying that I
fancied him.

I remember I msaw this one bloke at school I'd never
seen before. I thought he was cute. And he smiled at
me. And I was completely bowled over. So I tried to
smile back, all seductively and sophisticated and
stuff, coy and alloof, and sexy. And he said hi. And I
kept up the act. And subsequently tripped down an
entire flight of stairs, sending my books, notes and
specs flying. And I didn't hear the end of it for a
year. And he ran to look over, with all these other
girls from my year who were clever but bitches cos
they bullied me, and they stood laughing and giggling.
And I just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me
whole. And everytime they saw me they'd ask if I
enjoyed my trip.

> I don't like PE, I always make an arse of myself.
> Today we did volleyball,
> and all the boys threw balls at me at once, and my
> glasses got bent. So i'm
> wearing contact lenses next time.

I hated PE. I hated hurdles (thighs and boobs squished
up to hop over a stick....) I hated high jump (once a
year, and I always tried to avoid it) I hated girls
basketball, cos you knew you'd never get picked, and
it was embarrassing when you finally were, cos you
knew the team would be better off without you cos your
short. and volleyball was annoying. slamming a ball
against your wrists....it hurts! These wrists are
gentle! if I want muscly wrists, don't these people
think I'd have done something to make them strong
enough to wallop balls with? grrr. Gym,. I hated it.
And where do schools find their PE teachers from? why
must PE teachers have flopping shaggy perms, and
shellsuits, and look like they audtioned for Gregory's
girl?? and thats just the male ones. one of our PE
teachers was a right perv. made this girl do a
handstand, cos he knew she wasn't wearing a bra, and
he held her feet up for her. And whenever we had
country dancing with him, and he'd take us for a whisk
at gay gordons, he always held his hand on your arse.
Another PE teacher apparently had an affair with a
schoolgirl.
I hated PE. my recomendation? well, this flu thing is
going about at the moment right? and the doctor on
richard and Judy said you shouldn't do any excercise
until you are completely 100% fit again. I can do
that. Makes sense. puts strain on your lungs, what,
cos of all that coughing. So cough a bit and pretend
you're shaking off the flu. Brilliant for swimming
too, cos you know, water, cold water, and wet hair and
stuff...not good for getting rid of flu. have flu all
year long. Also food poisoning is good. Or a "sprained
ankle"- just limp all day and say you bashed it and
went to hospital and the doctor said to rest it for a
week.

> I got tee-shirt transfer paper today, so I can make
> my own B&S and owls and
> other things tee-shirts. What is the traditional
> 'w'. I've seen the photo and
> I still don't know.

the traditional "w"???
I dunno. Oh, I see Avalanche in Edinburgh are offering
a t shirt deal...buy any B+S merchindise and get the
avalanche t shirt for a fiver. I got it in the summer.
Its quite cool, a piccie of the TV show of B+S set
against a 70's esque Phillips TV thingy. I want to
make my own t shirts all the time. I was ythinking
about taking a scrap of note paper, and writing a poem
on it, then printing it onto a t shirt and publishing
and advertising my own poetry. Of course, I'll need
money for a blank t shirt. Or writing Idleberry on a
tshirt.

> I found an owl in a shop yesterday. It was 99p and
> very sweet.

my brother got me a power puff girl and it is so cool.
Buttercup.
> Does anyone like Lobey Dosser? I was reading a book
> of him today, and his
> horse is really nice.
>
> Pokemon's on tomorrow morning.

power puff girls are on at 4pm on Cartoon network.
> I'm reading a book about a lady called Mrs
> Pepperpot. It's very twee. And she
> can shrink, which is cool.

I read that story when I was little. I'm reading a
Norewgian novel about two little 11 year olds who have
a pyschic  connewction and one day they take all their
clothes off and look at each other naked and the next
day, one little girl is so ashamed she skips school
and goes to this frozen waterfall and explores it,
butr she gets lost inside cos its full of so many
rooms, and she freezes to death and dies and her pal
is really upset.

> I've got the cold, I need a hug.

I just finished having flu and I need a hug too.
I was up all night coughing and having funny dreams.
Hope its calmed down by tomorrow. I have no energy.
And I haven't had a ciggarette since last Friday! I am
so impressed with myself! I haven't craved one either
prolly cos of this flu.
 okay,
gotta go now.
bye bye!