Sinister: busses and gym class

ipecac spice dchard at xxx.ca
Fri Jan 14 17:31:32 GMT 2000

hi. sorry to bother you all 2 days in a row. i am procrastinating. i have
only one class on fridays. mind and brain. it's philosophy yet we cover
some neurosci. how ironic that after nearly 4 years of university and
pschology and attempts to avoid neurosci like the plague, that i end up
getting neurosci in a philosophy elective.

well. i for one was quite pleased to discover that the small brown bus tee
is actually small. i am one of those little stick like b&s fans. usually
all tees are big and as i like them fitted i never wear them. once a man
came into my work and felt the need to comment on how short i am by
saying: "you must be some sort of pygmi or something"! i just smiled. what
could i say? i'm practically 5'3" i didn't think that was THAT short.

i was often one of the last picked in gym class even though i had friends
and in retrospect was probably one of the cool crowd. it was terrible.
even my best friend wouldn't pick me. i was small and shy so i would never
go after the ball in any sport. i was only good at running. i think that
gym teachers should pick teams by numbering kids 1,2 or something. i don't
understand why they'd be so cruel as to let children pick their own teams.

whoever mentioned the poor climate control on busses was bang on. today
it's -20 (or something, with the windchill). the busses i was on were
either too hot or too cold.

tonight i am going to watch the taping of "this hour has 22 minutes". for
those of you who don't know (which i'm sure is the vast majority) it's a
canadian spoof of news shows. it's very witty. i'm really looking forward
to it.

one last thing. does anyone know anything about nalda said coming out in
canada. it's not in any of the books stores here (halifax) and i checked
the chapters website and they'd never heard of it. i found it on amazon,
but it ends up being a very expensive book if i order it from there.

ok, i'm going. i hope everyone enjoys the weekend. if anyone has actually
read this far thanks. i love you!

-di

"i respect those who have faith even though they are ignorant"
-hemingway