Sinister: Librarians have a first time too...

Mark Whitsey apytmw at xxx.uk
Sat Jan 15 15:57:02 GMT 2000

Archel wrote...

> what a fab joint post from sarah and leyla.  i'm going to have to >
> start doing that, with my imaginary b&s loving friend, obviously...

and I agree!!

Which gave my a very good reason for my *first ever post* EVER!!!
Naturally, I'm really scared and it doesn't matter haw many time
you read about it, doing it for yourself, for the first time ever, is a
scary bussiness.

So, how y'all doing?  In case you care, my name really isn't
apytmw.  My parents just aren't that abstract.  No, I'm Mark, which
is possibly less interesting but easier to remember.  The apytmw is
courtesy of Nottingham University who, being the scumbags they
are, wouldn't let me have an address as good as
'lipsthattasteoftears at yahoo' like my friend Johns.  He's always
ahead of me - plus his parents can affors internet access; I have to
wait for one in the computer labs (I'm waiting for this one to crash
any minute....)

Wasn't Christmas lonely??  Well, it was for me.  I spent most of
the term looking forward to going home, but when I got there I
realised that I was cut off from my friend John, sinister posts, the
Jeepster website and Selectadisc, the record store round here
which is really, reallly good.

Since I couldn't get the sinister posts, I didn't even know that B&S
were on the telly, so I missed it through ignorance.  I couldn't afford
to go to London for the Tigermilking either.  I didn't realise that it
was upstairs at the Garage - that is one of my favorite places in the
world outside my bedroom and the library at university (where I'm
sitting now, merrily typing and humming to myself).

So, the only B&S contnet I can muster is purely selfish and
negative - I missed everything.  Oh, but I did see a fox last night.  I
was walkiung around in the dark at about a quarter to one when,
there he was!!!  I was scared at first, because I haddn't been
expecting anyone to run out in front of me - but imagine my delight
when I realised who he was... a real fox!!!!

I'm a country lad, so I used to see foxes, rabbits and owls all the
time, but since moving to the city, wildlife (not including pigeons)
has been a rarity.  I wish I could do a letter as good as Sarah and
Layla.  I'm jealous of Sarah because she's a writer and got to study
Sartre at uni.  I'm a philosophy student, confined to stodgy stuff
from the past.  Oh dear.

Why don't I have a B&S freind????  I have John, but he's not here
and he's always too far ahead of me.  I met him when I moved to
university... he was wearing a big duffel coat and the bus teeshirt.
Now I've got a duffel coat too.  I feel quite derivative, but he doesn't
mind.

I got laughed off of a chat room the other night.  it was a Manics
one... that will teach me... I shall stick to where I'm wanted in the
futere, with Honey to protect me from smelly goths and killer girlies
in boas.... hang on.... don't protect me from killer girlies in boas,
Honey, but keep the goths away.

I got called 'luv' on the bus yesterday.  Actually, I get called luv
every time I go on the bus... maybe our busdriver has a
catchphrase; "75p please, luv".  Or maybe it's my appearance....
I'm very small.  Hey, guess what.... I also used to get picked last in
PE (until I got very good at hiding in the library on a Wednesday
afternoon!!!!).  I used to be a librarian at school - I still ahve the
badge. itsays, 'librarian' on it.  It gives me an enormous sense of
pride whan I wear it out and about....

My how I go on and on....

Well, I had better go now and cook some tea.  I wishe I lived in
America so I could go to those knitting clubs, but I don't, so I'll just
have to have tea alone.

Love, hugs and kisses,

Mark xxxxxxxxxx