Sinister: If you refuse to let them go, I will plague your whole country with frogs.

Genevieve Wesley pookie59 at xxx.com
Sat Jan 15 19:37:28 GMT 2000

My petties,

Mark wrote:
--yet another example of B&S's charming way of being
>wude and then metaphorically running away. I'm not quite sure why I said
>that, but it's a motif I've noticed a few times - The Boy with the Arab
>Strap - ooh, naughty! - the little boy on the badge and his two-fingered
>salute - playing South Park music before coming on stage at the Supper Club
>- - that sort of thing. Aren't they cheeky scamps? Having said all that, it
>just makes me love them more.

Mmmm I agree too.Struan mixes tenderness with cheekiness oh so well.Well,at
least he makes me think that,but I tend to get wrapped up in fantastical
stories that make you clutch that book tenderly to your bosom and sigh.It's
more fun being a tease,for sure. I'm reading a short story (Where The Apple
Ripens - Jessie Kesson) which takes place in the farmlands of Scotland and
it is like RIGHT out of a Belle And Sebastian song.Well,right out of what
*I* think a Belle And Sebastian song should consist of (even the girls name
is Isabel):

...'Lil Eadie was quite right!' Else panted,as they ran towards the school.
'Our servant's just like that.Always skirling with the horsemen up in the
dark in the loft.And you know fine what they're up to!'
Isabel DID 'know fine'.But,another knowing,and one outwith her
experience,seized sudden hold,carrying her body up into some dark
hay-loft,and placing it under,not one horseman,but all the horseman that
ever was.She could have deserted Else there and then, and gone flying up to
Corbie's Wood,to ease the agony that her mind's unexpected vision had thrust
upon her unsuspecting body. 'They must be a TERRIBLE lot,then,' she agreed
with Else.Glad that the trembling hand't reached her voice.'They must all be
disgusting,just!'
(and theres another part,where the mysterious farmer pays a visit,in the
story his name is Alex...oh but I know it to be Struan..)
Her blood stirred in recognition.The thousand anonymous horsemen Isabel had
longed to lie under in the dark hay-lofts began to merge into,and take on
the identity of the guest by the fire from the gleam of his leggings to the
hairs curling red on his hands.'

Seeing as were on the PE subject...I do miss it.I could have taken it this
year but chose to be scholarly and used up all my options on chemistry and
biology.(Yay.)Soon,soon I will be tennis girl champion of the world
though.The whole picking people for teams things didn't bother me,it was
more when we would play against boy-things.Thats where we get competitive!I
never played soccer/football intensively and I want to learn and get REALLY
good because I have this dream of going to england and playing football
against a bunch of english boythings (with their little shorts and socks)
and beating them so bad! ha ha! but then after the game,we would be alll
smudged with dirt and mud and they would feed me grapes and they would be OK
with the fact that  they got beaten by a girl.

mmmmm...I know I should love the snow but I'm longing a bit for sunshine and
warmth..I blame it on all those Thailand shots from Leonardo DiCaprios
upcoming movie 'The Beach' I wonder if Leo stopped over for tea with Oon
because I am sure it is her backyard where all those exquisite scenes were
filmed.

xxx genevieve

p.s
that Magnolia movie sure is strange isn't it? I think I need to see it again
to understand everything...