Sinister: oh canada

blair hicks SlowRobot at xxx.com
Mon Jan 17 02:39:39 GMT 2000

    my premiere post to the list will begin with this sentence, which,
sadly, is not nearly as captivating as i would prefer it to be.
    my name is  blair, and i spent two weeks in canada two summers ago. the
natives were pleasant folk, and are not, in my opinion, deserving of harsh
generalizations. as a texan, i am well aware of the destructive capabilities
of such generalizations, and believe me, both myself and the horse i ride to
class each day are deeply hurt by narrow-sighted bigotry.
    i spent the winter holidays in switzerland, experiencing my first taste
of life across the pond. the swiss were almost as pleasant as canadians, and
shared with the citizens of the "great white north" a bizarre inability to
serve iced tea.
    belle & sebastian have never found their way into my dreams, though i
once dreamed that i was swimming in a pool of tang, and that has to be worth
something.
    if any of you lovely sinister folks are ever in austin, texas, please
drop me a line. free meals seem to abound in my company, so take advantage.
    i hope this post finds you all well. lovely talking to you - really.

fondly,
blair