Sinister: chasing the light of rainbows

Magpie Jay j_kerswell at xxx.com
Mon Jan 17 06:58:56 GMT 2000

I have seen three new pitchers in camp strange in a week. Two of which have
BuS content, the other flaps in the breeze like an unpegged tent.

3: On my way to work on Wednesday morning, with my face half hanging out of
an 'annoyingly too small to hang your face out' of window on the 373 from
Coogee, listening to sinsietr (which IS a bit freaky), I saw a man running
for the bus.

Which wouldn't be freaky at all, except for the fact that he was actually
blind. Throwing caution to the wind, he trotted alongside my blue and white
breeze block, a female friend a few metres in front of him, and a loyal
white dog beside him. I expected the dog to bark when he reached the bus
stop, but his friend stopped him instead. She watched from the path as he
mounted the bus with his canine pal, and they seated. She waited, and was
still looking at him as the bus pulled away. I wonder if he knows that she
stands there watching? The strange thing is the buses are extremely regular
(every 4 mins), so quite why he was partaking in the hazardous and
exercise-ridden act of running is anyones guess, maybe he just ran because
he could?

6: Back on the bus, in the other direction on Thursday night, I became
caught on the threshold of damp. To the right of the bus the sun was shining
and the greenery bright, yet, to the left the heavens were black and grey
little miss skybanger was pissing over the land. Just as we pulled up by the
yellow circus tent that has sprung up for a few shows, a noticed that below
her flow a large rainbow had formed, and I could see the complete arc. The
end of the rainbow was in the circus car park, and I was considering getting
off the bus and digging under a parked vw for sovereigns, but we pulled
away. Instead of leaving my treasure behind, it followed me, the whole
rainbow stayed beside me, like it was fixed to the bus, and the ground just
rolled along beneath it. It vanished as quickly as it appeared, and I bet
some scummy dingo got my gold.

9: Rather seedy was the last  oddity I saw. On Saturday I got the ferry to
'Watsons bay' , which on the head of land at the entrance to sydney harbour.
Imagine my horror, when on this gloriously sunny day, at the bottom of the
cliffs at the harbour mouth I saw dozens of naked men lying on the rocks! I
was pretty sure they were friends of Dorothy and miss skybanger,  in fact
this was confirmed by a colleague today who told me she saw them publicly
wanking each other off on the rocks the other day.

Unpeturbed I continued to enjoy the majestic view across the harbour, until
some stunted arab man shook my hand and asked where I was from, 'england' I
said. He then began  enquiring after my sexuality, so I had to use the
necessary words to get rid of him, and later saw him pestering the starkers
blokes below. He was getting nowhere fast with them, and to my immense
amusement he proceeded in removing his jeans (likely size 38 short) and
wandering around the rocks like an excited moustached child , in the biggest
pair of red spotted blue silked boxers I have ever seen. He was bound to
impress, but I ran away before I could find out. So next time you think of
sydney harbour, or see pictures of the opera house and bridge, think of all
the seediness foaming at the mouth!

Oh, and if anyone cares, I think Beck is an incredibly funky chap, but his
songs, while razz A M and Tazz, have no emotion and ultimately leave me cold
  (Save some very lush moments on 'Mutations') once the initial adrenalin
wanes.

John

***The superstar stamp collector knows the head of every country***

-  http://www.members.tripod.com/john_kerswell/star.html  -