Sinister: b&s a-z + french pop

kitten mouse kittenmouse at xxx.com
Mon Jan 17 22:12:27 GMT 2000

hi everybody,
how's everyone's exciting (ugh) new year going?  it's not even new anymore
is it?
i'm in the doldrums of schoolwork right now, but reveling (sp?) in the one
sleater
kinney mp3 i have on my computer.  how could i have hated them so much?
they're
fabulous.  the only other exciting thing happening at my house (well,
apartment/dorm/
something or other) is that my school moved an old historic queen anne style
house
from six blocks away to about 15 feet away from my window.  they just loaded
it up on
some railroad ties and wheels and toed the whole freaking 3 story house
about 7 blocks
right thru downtown portland.  well, not thru the business part of downtown,
but thru
the apartment/university district/freeway offramp section anyway.  and the
wind was
blowing the trees about 50 miles an hour that day in the park blocks (which
is where i
live and where they moved the house to).  there were a lot of people
standing around
with cameras taking pictures.
anyway, now for the important, not so chatty part of my message.  i'm sure i
mentioned
a few times before that i'm going to eventually do a belle and sebastian a
thru z (songs a-z,
that is) show at my radio station as soon as i've got 3 or 4 hours to kill
on the air.  (i
usually only have a one hour weekly slot unless i fill in for someone).  so
anyway, i'm
asking for any input, suggestions, etc that anyone has regarding that.  you
can post to the
list, or send it to me.  i already have an alphabetically ordered list of
the songs from their
official releases.
also, i was thinking of doing another show about pop music sung in french.
doesn't have
to be specifically from france, since there are all those other french
speaking countries.  it
would be interesting to get groups that are from canada and africa, as well
as france.
doesn't have to be new either, since there are certainly some interesting
things from the
past.  the only two artists/groups i know that are french are serge
gainsbourg and stereolab,
so suggestions, etc are quite welcome (please!).  all i ask is that they be
worth listening to.
ok.  anyway, thanks.
sincerely,
andrea
kittenmouse radio
(mondays 9.00-10.00 pm PST)
kpsu 1450 am
portland, oregon
kittenmouse at hotmail.com
www.kpsu.org

can't look at the sky without looking right thru it