Sinister: how fast does your skin freeze as your heart grows cold

Steve Kado steven.kado at xxx.ca
Tue Jan 18 04:55:00 GMT 2000

it is very cold in toronto.

i'm listening to this band called pedro the lion right now, they're not
bad.  but apperantly the fellow has this problem with girls shaving
their legs because it's not natural.  now i personally kind of like the
look of unfurry knees, but what irritates me about that is the use of
the word natural.  i mean what is natural?  is playing an electric
guitar 'natural' mr. pedro the lion singer man?  i mean, bathing and
shaving my face so that i don't smell and look weasly isn't natural if
we look at it a certain way, but i hardly think he'd object to me being
clean and tidy.

i have mice, i suppose killing them so that their disease carrying
droppings don't kill me first isn't too natural either.  i suppose
really natural and virtuous people lead these idyllic rousseauian noble
savage lives for all of 3 days until their bare hippy feet step on a
nail and they get tetanus and die because their natural jaws locked shut
and they were no longer able to sustain themselves on organic granola.
just to prove i am no heartless killer of mice initially i was very
solemn and weepy about putting the mouse traps down, i kept imagining
that i'd be killing one of those super intelligent mice from the secret
of NIMH.  i'm still afraid of actually finding a dead mouse in one of
the traps.  but they kept me up for 2 hours last night with their
carousing and i was inclined to take vengence this morning.  speaking of
vengence:

Alexander 'ass man' Borgia scribbled:
>I hope you realise, Steve, my mission in life now is to somehow seek revenge on
>you. Finally, sometime in 1986, I was able to get that stupid theme song out of
>my head once and for all. You have brought it back. Thanks a hell of a lot. I am
>now whistling the tune from Hogan's Heroes. Do you hear it? Good, I hope it gets
>stuck in your head for a few days and your sleep gets interupted by nightmares of
>being stuck in a room with Richard Dawson telling you, "Survey Says!"

First off, i was quite glad to find that little theme song re-appear in
my head as i passed the dishes around the christmas dinner table.
perhaps it  was my increadible smallness, but i really liked that show
and thought it was grand, not as grand as the belle and sebby tv show
and not as grand as playing with transformers but pretty good
none-the-less.  you should be careful with this revenge thing, i
currrently have the best of Bony M here qued up to the most catchy bits
and i am fully capable of raising the ante in music warfare even
higher.  unless you want your ass Ra-Ra-Rasputin-ed out of existence i
suggest desisting with hostilities immediately.

also, speaking of revenge: can anyone make heads or tales of  Kleist? if
so, mail me privately. i have to read him for lit and its just not going
down well.  also watch it Alex or i may go Michael Kohlhaas on your ass.

i just got a job ushering at the glenn gould studio here in toronto.
its actually a government job, which sort of fulfills the only career
plan i had which was to work for the feds and get all them shweeeeet
benefits.  so now i can buy more shoes and focus less on my school work
and my own jules-and-jim-like personal life.  happy days here we come.

i also got a bunch of pink shirts in anticipation of wearing nothing but
powder blue, lavender and pink as soon as the weather gets nice enough
for me to pull such an obviously spring-timey move.  the plan is to look
like a member of Kraftwerk with the colour balance adjusted wrongly.
also it should shock people after seeing nothing but grey on me for the
past 2 months.

jeeze, not that i have anything for real to say.

i'm kind of scared of the listcrush thing now.  i mean, now people could
potentially find things out about me.  ouch.

steven