Sinister: L'amour est bleu

Alder, Lucy lucy.alder at xxx.uk
Tue Jan 18 13:48:06 GMT 2000

Cor blimey guvner, is it really over a month since I posted larst?  Well, I
don't know about you, but I'm in the mood for some headings:

BAD WEEK
This week, I have eaten one tub of Haagen Dazs Cookies 'n' Cream and one tub
of Haagen Dazs Baileys (they were 2 for 1 in Sainsbury's - how could I
refuse such an offer?), told a BIG FAT LIE to Ben Fernyhough about the tape
tree (soz mate), let my social graces go in a big way by forgetting to call
the people who were meant to be coming round to watch my tube video (soz
girlies) and spent a WHOLE HOUR working out the phone bill for our house,
only to find that if I'd divided it by four, I would have come up with more
or less the same results.

SUPERGRAN
My Nanna and Grandad came over for tea and birthday cake on Sunday (Grandad
was 81).  Nanna told us about her friend Reg.  "He's very keen on his organ"
- we sniggered quietly.
"He plays on it every day" - Mum lost control and snorted.
Dad said "He'll go blind" - even Grandad had a quiet smirk.
Nanna thought we were taking the piss and got upset.

FRENCH DISKO
May I recommend Claudine Longet to all those francophile seekers of musique?
She's lovely, especially on L'amour est bleu (I believe this was also done
by the Magnetic Fields, trivia fans).

SPURIOUS CLAIMS, SCURRILOUS RUMOUR AND HOT GOSSIP
A friend of a friend went to a Smiths night at the Star and Garter in
Manchester.  Andy Rourke was DJing, but being the Huge Smiths Fan she is,
she decided to get pissed and slag him off to the other DJ.  "He's a bunch
of crap, a sack of arse"  she slurred (note: I am paraphrasing slightly),
"he could never be as great as Morrissey".  Oh, and by the way, she said,
the other DJ was the singer out of Belle and Sebastian - apparently he's
very quiet and doesn't go out much.  Anyone care to shed some light on this
story?  I am quite prepared for it to be LIES, ALL LIES, but I'd be
interested to hear...

REMINGTON TRIMMERS AT THE READY
Am I the only one to notice monsieur Murdoch's fluffy blond nasal hair on
those pseudo-seventies-top-of-the-pops-style-up-your-nose-camera-shots
(hyphen heaven!) on the Tube?  Also, had I been one of those
oh-so-lucky-audience-members (ain't no stoppin' me now), I would have tried
my very hardest to catch Isobel's attention and make her laugh during the
whistley bit.  Cos you can't whistle at the same time as laugh, now, can
you?

TRACK & FIELD
Anybody from the London area going on Friday?

Sorry - not a great post.  I'm out of practice, y'see.

Juicy Lucy

This communication contains information which is confidential and
may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s),
please note that any distribution, copying or use of this
communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.
the sender immediately and then destroy any copies of it.
--
MCI WorldCom Year 2000 information http://www.wcom.co.uk/2000