Sinister: b&s a-z + french pop

Charles Byron boy_afraid at xxx.com
Tue Jan 18 11:08:04 GMT 2000

I think that I’ve made this suggestion before, but since you’re asking, I´d
recommend Autour De Lucie´s 2 LP´s.
1996´s debut (Autour De Lucie) is definitely in my Top Ten Albums ever made,
and their second album (1998´s Immobile)is great too.
Plus, I’ve been told by a French Sinister that they’re big fans of B&S too.
If you like, you can see two videos and check some information at
http://rollingstone.tunes.com/sections/artists/text/artistgen.asp?afl=&LookUpString=2527

Hope you enjoy them.

Stay handsome,
Charles Byron

Andrea wrote:
 >the only two artists/groups i know that are french are serge
 >gainsbourg and stereolab,
 >so suggestions, etc are quite welcome (please!).  all i ask is
 >that they be
 >worth listening to.
 >ok.

and Amy said:

Air, Jaques Dutronc, Franceoise Hardy...there's loads of stuff out there.
Worth a listen is 'Pop Romantique' (modern covers of older french pop
stuff)and 'Swinging Mademoiselle' (great french girl pop).