Sinister: Chicago, Toys in the Post, Overall stuff.

Brandt Fundak bfundak at xxx.org
Wed Jan 19 15:02:20 GMT 2000

I went to Chicago this past weekend.  It was absolutely the most fun day
of my life as I drank, drank some more, bought records, ate thai food, saw
a show, hung out with Chicago sinister listees and drank some more.
Detailed highlights of the weekend: drank the best pint of guinness this
side of the atlantic, picked up the first release on jj heldmann beale's
fantastic records label (the Shapiros) as well as the Holiday LP I didn't
have and the fabulous "Surprise! Surprise! It's Girlfriendo!" LP, and then
saw the Delta 72 with my friend Anthony, and listees Ted and Allie, who
are very funny and nice and helped make my weekend fun.

Speaking of records, I have been receiving many in the mail. Yesterday I
got a package full of Bella Vista 7"s and the Lucksmiths "Good Kind of
Nervous" LP.  I can't stop playing the song "Under the Rotunda." It's so
good. I have also gotten things by Henry's Dress, Ohio, Wussom*Pow,
Poundsign, Aisler's Set, and that Sarah records tribute 2x7" that also has
the luckies covering a song on it.

I just remembered, I saw a copy of Just a Modern Rock Song on 12" while I
was in Chicago for $5 but passed since I already had it on CD. Probably
the wrong move.

Now for other stuff

-I was thinking about travelling to NYC for the March Records anniversary
show, but I don't know if I can afford it.  I want to move the hell out of
Cleveland, and have been saving my pennies to do so. But I'm not even
close what I think I need and I want to be out of here by June, so NYC may
be out.  Unless I end up on Who Wants to be a Millionaire of course.

-Is it appropriate to cite "unhealthy working environment" as a reason for
leaving one's job? Everyone here smokes and my bosses both smoke these
heinous cigars that burn your trachea when you get within 25 feet of them.
I am going to quit soon because I feel I am underpaid, but that smoking
really bothers me.  I've had minor respitory problems since I started, and
I don't want it getting worse.  Also, when you are a computer tech like I
am, it's disheartening to see the users ash into the keyboard and then
complain when it doesn't work.

-THere is absolutely nothing to do in Cleveland. Except eat.  The eats are
very good. But I picked up the Cleveland Free Times today and once again
was disappointed to see that nothing good was coming up.  I have to get
out of here.

-Erica MacArthur should wear ties more often.

-I subscribe to the digest so that I can skim the list postings and
misread everything that is posted here.  Feel free to do the same with my
posts, or ignore them all together.

-I got a listcrush vote.  This boosted my self esteem for about 10 minutes
but then made me wonder who did it, because a.) I know who I voted for,
and didn't get the "match mail" and b.) I haven't posted to the list in
about a month, so I don't exactly know why I am deserving of the honor,
especially since my posts (especially this one) tend to be drab and long
winded. I know people say the listcrush is childish, but it's still fun
and I thank you for your support.

-Unimportant fact of the day: AOL, through the Time Warner merger, now
owns a pro wrestling federation that loses $10 million dollars, and
employs that brilliant American actor TERRY "HULK" HOGAN.

Like I said, long winded and drab. I'll stop now.

Brandt