Sinister: A wee bit of Spit and Polish

Sleeka Sounds sleeka_sounds at xxx.com
Thu Jan 20 10:19:26 GMT 2000

It's me again, just a quickie.  Last night me and Julia went to the 'Spit
and Polish' launch, it was really good.  Ben Vaughn, Laura Cantrell & Radio
Sweethearts played, they were all really brilliant.    Stevie Jackson plays
bass with Ben Vaughn, and he's growing a huge 'afro' style haircut.   I
think they're playing Aberdeen tonight and London on the 24th, you should go
if you like country music with laptop steel slidey guitar thing.  Bumped
into big Alisdair Cooke, he was on his way to see Kate Rusby who everyone
fancies.  I hope it was good Alisdair, I'm sure it will have been.

So this morning I had a look at the shoeshine website, and there is an
interview with Chip 'my mom was a pisser' Taylor, and he's going on about
Belle and Sebastian go and look http://www.shoeshine.co.uk/chip.htm

There's a picture of Ali G as he really is in the paper, and he looks like
he partakes in box sex.

(Talking of which, Belle and Sebastian won a Brit Award and then sort of
disappeared. If Jeepster release what they have available to get some sort
of income, I reckon it's ok.   People's wages need to be paid.   And I never
thought I'd be defending Jeepster.   Whooo scary.)

David Moore is our Leader:
>Welcome back Mr Leonard, lovely to hear from you again. Did you watch
>any Japanese movies on TV over Christmas?

Well spotted, I'm getting right into Made in Hong Kong style films.   Mr.
Vampire is my favourite film in the world today and Biao Yuen, Ching-Ying
Lam and big Sammo Hung are becoming my new heroes, since Robin Williamson
insists on continually being a thieving hippie gypsy bastard.   Did I tell
you I went to see the original Incredible String Band reformed for one night
only on the 30th December?  I was so excited.   It cost me about 40 pounds+
because I bought 2 tickets and hoped I could get someone to go with me.   I
think I was the most excited I've ever been.   And it was shite.   Really
Really Really Really SHITE.   There's a number of reasons why, but I just
made myself quite cross remembering it.   Billy Connelly done a turn though,
that was good.

cheery,
Christopher

P.S. In Tune on Friday at the 13th note.

PPS Keith is still alive in the 70s, he's made a new web page it's at
http://home.freeuk.net/keith.watson/ and I'm sure he'd love it if you signed
his guestbook, just love I would If you signed mine.

Bye,
  Chris

me - http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~calnd/sleeka/
murdoch - http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~calnd/stuart/stuart.htm