Sinister: being insane

ipecac spice dchard at xxx.ca
Thu Jan 20 21:45:04 GMT 2000

hi everyone. i was thinking today, or maybe yesterday, how i was probably
never going to post again. i had decided only to post things that people
might be somewhat remotely interested in reading, or if something
interesting happened to me... as interesting things rarely happen to me i
thought that might be the end of my posting days. also i was very
intimidated by honey's post about what is and is not acceptable. can we
have on-going discussion on the list?

so. today. i had class starting at the same time as my mom had to start
work so i asked her for a lift over. we left a bit late. she was all
stressful, driving too fast and bitching about how she was going to be
late for work. now when i'm driving somewhere and i'm late i just remind
myself that in the big scheme of things it's not so bad and it would make
me later if i was pulled over for speeding or got in an accident. anyway.
i was scared but kept my mouth shut b/c i feared facing my mom's wrath if
i commented on her driving. then she's turning right and there's a little
break in between the pedestrians so she decides to go. this is at the same
time as a little boy decides to run out in front of us. we so nearly
almost hit him. it was horrible. anyway. everyone lived. i now know that
leving a bit early and taking the bus is the best plan. i was thinking
about how easily we could have actually hit him. and how easily people die
young everyday. my class seemed so trivial after that. anyway. i am now
stuck on reflecting on life.

last night i went to see "girl interrupted". it was very good. i wish i
was winonna ryder. now she looks like a doll. the movie actually made me
think that being insane might be fun. you could do whatever you wanted nd
it wouldn't matter b/c everyone would already know you were crazy. but
then if i went insane i wouldn't be myself anymore.

-di

"i respect those who have faith even though they are ignorant"
-hemingway