Sinister: i want sleep...why have i not gone to bed yet?

rachel tucker rachel at xxx.uk
Fri Jan 21 01:17:29 GMT 2000

hello fellow insomniacs and everyone who will read this at a sensible hour
who are not awake at ten to one in the morning

why am i here? i don't know. i'm not talking philosophically mind, though
that could be interesting if a bit hard for my no-sleep addled brain to take
right now. i feel like mrs merton ' let's have a philosophical debate...'
except she says heated. obviously.

ahhh, heat.

i hate the winter. in my house neither the front or back door fits properly,
and the roof has no lining, the slates are straight on the frame, so there
are lots of draughts. this has been made 10 times worse by 3 slates blowing
off the roof a week ago, leaving a sizeable hole. our house is now colder
than the walk- in fridge at work. i have two ways of dealing with this. one
is to huddle round the fire. this would seem like the sensible option but it
would mean spending time with my family. so option two which i have resorted
to involves wearing all my clothes in a sleeping bag with my duvet wrapped
round me. it works, but it does mean i can't do much as movement is
restricted. like revision.

i have remembered why i am here. no, it is not to go on about primal scream
OR jonathan rhys meyers. it is a vain attempt at self-promotion in order to
gain list crush votes ;-)
or in fact not, bcos, weary though i am, i have the distinct impression that
i am not promoting myself fantastically well, or even slightly well tonight.
actually, i think i'm rambling incoherently again. i love the word
'incoherently'.

i've lost my point again.

oh yeah, the reason i'm *really* here is to be gleeful. i know i'm not
sounding particularly gleeful, but goddam i am. why? bcos <hugging herself
with all this glee>....i have a list crush!! this has never happened before
and i'm very excited!! at least one person out of 1170 people reads my posts
and doesn't immediately delete them! this makes me happy.

i have made an important decision. my next novel attempt that is doomed to
never reach halfway is going to be loosely linked supermarket stories. i
could go on about supermarkets, well co-op, indefinitely, so i think i will.
if i write anything almost decent this time i'll stick it in the library,
which i will then secretly visit to read my work over and over cos i'm sad
like that.

and now it really is time for bed

nighty night

love rachel xxx