Sinister: Re: Sinister

kevin parker francis69soul at xxx.com
Fri Jan 21 08:38:21 GMT 2000

--- Tiago Romeu <cjromeu at mail.eunet.pt> wrote:

> if I'm trying to be the joseph goebbels of this list
> ? well, can I think a
> bit before answering you ;) ?
> I'm glad you answered, really. the point is, there
> is a difference between
> an unmade bed and Tigermilk, isn't it ? if it's
> based on not understanding,
> than I expose my unmade bed (with nice and green
> blankets), I call it a
> master-piece and if you don't like, that's because
> you don't understand it.
> that's the easiest way. maybe the point is doing
> something so weird and
> meaningless, just to shock and get some attention.
> and call it art. maybe I
> don't understand an unmade bed, but I do understand
> that whatever people
> understand from it, is less valuable than Belle and
> Sebastian, for example.
> I know it's this conviction that made you writing
> that thesis about
> Goebbels and the nazi strategy.
> the context is very important of course, but there
> are ways to find quality
> in art independently of its context. the words
> "roten culture", referred
> not to the bed, but to all the system in art that
> mostly hides the good
> ones behind the socially beautiful ones. that's
> roten.
>

> greetings
> tiago
> Tiago who are you or anybody else to tell others
that what they get from an unmade bed is somehow not
as valuable as Tigermilk. Its a subjective judgement
what you are essentially saying is that what moves you
is art but what moves others even if you dont
understand it, whatever that means,is not art.As
individuals our judgements as to what is valuable are
always subject to our subjective feelings.I find Tracy
Emins work very moving my feelings are as important as
yours i am just as intelligent and sensitive or
whatever as you are.Just because you dont consider
things valuable dont presume to tell others what they
can and cant find valuable in art. Why is an unmade
bed less valuable than belle and sebastian? And
talking of weird and meaningless things to get
attention have you actually read some of belle and
sebastian's lyrics."moved to kick the crutches from my
crippled friend" Its shocking its
fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks for actually writing
something on the list with some content.
Love Kevin.