Sinister: B&S on NPR...I must be dreaming

Todd M Herrmann tmh at xxx.edu
Fri Jan 21 14:21:13 GMT 2000

What a lovely morning.  It snowed nearly 5 inches where I live yesterday
and last night the sky cleared up just in time for the total lunar eclipse
which was spectacular.  I don't think I've ever seen a reddish moon until
last night.  And it was supposed to be visible all over North America so I
hope those of you on this side of the ocean caught the show.

Well my brother got his second day in a row off from school due to the
weather while I've had to trek to work both days driving on snowy
roads.  Boo.  But anyway I had a B&S moment while I was driving into work
today.  I was listening to NPR's morning edition.  (Its a morning news
program on public radio here in America for those of you unfamiliar, with
the standard top of the hour headline news, but for the rest of the hour
they run less mainstream news stories, which are really interesting as
they are really insightful into the lives of the people involved, more so
than you traditional headline news..but I digress) Anyway at the end of
one of their news segments what should my wondering ears here but none
other than the last few orchestral bars of Dirty Dream Number Two.  My
mouth just hung open in surprise for a minute.  Now I know NPR runs some
classy programs but I now hold them in much more esteem for picking the
perfect music to end a segment with.  And if any of you happen to work for
NPR and were directly responsible for getting B&S out to a national
audience then I say Bravo!  It brightened my day.

Todd