Sinister: Pending Box Sets, Chicago Pipedreams, Other things

Brandt Fundak bfundak at xxx.org
Fri Jan 21 14:36:30 GMT 2000

Morning all,

Ever since I left Chicago I have a had a cold, and while my sore throat
has gone away, my sinus cavity is full of fluid and really not nice, so I
am a bit on the cranky side.  However, I love all of you, and don't want
to bring you down, so I will take it out on my coworkers instead :)

I'm really bad with transitions, so I'll use headings, for easy skimming,
reading and ignoring of this message if you like.

WEIGHING IN ON THE BOX SET

If the box is nothing new except for a snazzy carrying case, I think I
will have to pass.  I am not enough of a fan boy to buy a case to hold me
belle and sebastian eps in (because they usually wouldn't be in there
anyway) but I am enough of a fan boy to be subscribed to a mailing list,
own everything they have ever put out (except the Gentle Waves which isn't
belle and sebastian really) and travel to see them multiple times if they
ever cared to grace this country with their presence again. But I just
can't do a carrying case.

CHICAGO PIPEDREAMS

I think when I move to Chicago I would like to find some people to play
music with and maybe even get a little serious about it. I have this plan
to have $5000 before I even attempt a move, but I feel this is probably
unneccesary, since my feeling is I will get a job pretty soon after I move
to town.  as a result I will have money to buy some musical instruments.
I'd actually like to do multiple bands, maybe one straight rocking out
band and then maybe a boy/girl duo with instrument switching that would be
a cross between the Crabs (pre Sarah Dougher), Holiday FLyer (pre Verna
Brock), and Quasi.

These are just pipedreams however, so I thought I'd share.

SOAP OPERA MARK

Every day at work we watch this horrible show called the Bold and The
Beautiful. It's bad. But, like a train wreck, you can't stop watching it.
Anyway, yesterday, the plot moved (which happens like once every six
months) and my coworker Lewis jumped from his chair, dropped to his knees
and extended his arms in adulation.  It made my day :)

DISAPPOINTING, LIKE EVERYTHING IN THIS TOWN

My friend Liz and I caught dinner last night and drank coffee and on the
way home we notcied that that moon was starting to be eclipsed.  It looked
really cool, but was cold as hell out, so we decided to go in her
apartment and wait until around 10 before 11 to watch it fully eclipse.
Fortunately for us, because our timing sucks and Cleveland sucks, a giant,
thick cloud blooted out the moon just as it was about to go red. Yet
another of life's disappointments.

LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL

I'm taking it easy tonight.  I promised Ree and jjh-b tapes, so I am going
to stay in tonight and make those for them. I also need to send my next
package for Andreea's wonderful tape tree, but if Heather E. would be so
kind to wait a day, I will tape jj's offering as well and send her both
the 2nd and 3rd tapes in the tree from me. Then tomorrow I am going record
shopping at the coolest record store in Cleveland.  I have a big long list
of stuff I want to buy so I will probably be a fiscally unsound little
boy. I'm going to try and keep it sane though.

LIBERATION

It's interesting not being smitten with anyone.  I may have to try this
for a while.

Actually that isn't true.  I'm smitten with my views of my past
relationships.  Well one in particular.

Silly me.

THAT'S ALL FROM HERE

Sorry for wasting your time. For those of you on the digest, this post
will be easy to skip.  For future reference, just skip the titles with
"Brandt" or "bfundak" in them.

Have a good day, take your vitamins and try not to get sick.

Brandt