Sinister: apologies

rachel tucker rachel at xxx.uk
Fri Jan 21 16:53:08 GMT 2000

greetings o sinister ones

firstly:

<aaarrgghh!!!>

i just got today's digests. my mail from last night/this morning was in it.
for anyone who read it, i am deeply deeply sorry. i will never again inflict
myself upon you in that sleep-starved state again (did you like the
alliteration there?!), i promise. but promises are there to be broken
y'know....

still, at least there was another grate post from sarah and leyla. yay! and
everyone's looking for tuckers which made me laugh. it's tres disconcerting
seeing your surname everywhere! does anyone know how to get an accent over
the 'e' btw? tres just doesn't look right without the accent, and i like
using tres, cos otherwise i overuse really....

i had a strange experience at work today. it went like this:

<me, bored out of my brain repeatedly scanning shopping>

'that'll be £12.39 please.'

<guy, looking at me quizzically>

'you're certainly not from round here are you love. that must be a lot of
travelling just to work here.'

<me doing my best fuck off teenage attitude voice>

'i'm sorry?'

<guy being all...jovial. yuk.>

'well from gloucester to oxford is a long way'

<me getting scowly and hacked off. the guy hadn't even paid goddam!>

'what you chatting about?'

'that's a good old gloucestershire accent you got there. what you doing in
the city love? you after a rich hubby or something? cos i can do the
business y'know...'

< me, my bad mood getting increasingly worse, about to do some fistual
damage if he keeps leering>

'i live here <evil look and sneer> i have never been to gloucester, i don't
know where the damn place is, don't call me love and that's £12.39. PLEA-se'

<him looking patronising>

'ooh, there's a bit of bitterness there isn't there! well, if you say so
love, though it's definitely gloucester...and hey, i meant it about 'doing
the business' if you're interested...'

and so it went on.

the smug git did *eventually* pay, though not till after he'd asked what us
gloucester girls got up to with sheep...!!! i couldn't believe it!

all i can say is that some people are weird and ain't that the truth. and
most of them are on this list... ;-)

lovin' and leavin' you

rachel xxx

who is definitely from oxford and can catergorically state that she has
never been NEAR gloucester! ever!