Sinister: the box set issue

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Fri Jan 21 18:39:00 GMT 2000

Chris Heils said:

"I am surprised everyone is taking such issue with the box set coming out.
I mean..I know there is always the "those greedy record company bastards
want more of our money" arguement but I think if it gives the chance to more
people to get these eps of their favorite band...it's worth it. I'm not even
sure why the record company feels they need to do it."

I agree Chris.  I like the idea of the box set probably because I have gone
broke buying the EPs myself, so anything that makes them cheaper is alright
by me.  It might not immediately be apparent to those of you in the UK where
the EPs are not imports, but you can't find them on CD over here for less
than $10.  When all is said and done, thats $40 for 16 songs, and if B&S
charged that for their new album I'm sure more than a few people would be up
in arms to say the least.  The box set more than halves the cost of them,
plus gives us new cover art and maybe some interesting new liner notes as
well.  Plus, if you have them all on CD nows your chance to buy them all on
vinyl (except TIJAMRS) for substantially less duckets.  I doubt B&S are doing
this for any other reason than to make the EPs cheaper and more widely
available to people who have had to track them down and pay import prices for
the past 3 years (and to tide us over until the new album as well).  If you
go to the Jeepster B&S site it has the box set cover art as the greeting (and
it does look quite nice!).
NPR played B&S?  Wow, thats quite nice to hear.  Maybe they'll do "All Things
Considered" when they pass through DC...here's to hoping!
Later

Steve C.