Sinister: A Winter Wasting

Robert Brennan rob_brennan at xxx.uk
Sat Jan 22 19:46:32 GMT 2000

Life is sunny, life is joy.

Yep, it's time I got out of this January funk and
embraced the the year without thinking too hard about
the fact I hit my quarter-century sometime in the
middle.

Having lived here for a few weeks I decided it was
time to expose my new flatmate to a spot of B&S to see
if it sparked any recognition, turned him into a fan
on the spot or resulted in a thunderous argument.  He
walked in to the lounge (alright, Living Room) while
Tigermilk was playing.  The following witty exchange
ensued:

Flatmate:  "Who's this?"
Me:  "Belle & Sebastian."
Flatmate:  "Oh."

I expected a few more words from someone who freely
claims to be a journalist but at least it wasn't the
"Get that shit off my stereo!" which I've heard oh so
many times.

So why am I so happy?  Well - I've got eleven days
holiday to use up before the end of March.
Unfortunately my meagre funds won't get me out of the
country so I'll be having some grate adventures in
unfamiliar places in the UK.  Mail me privately if you
know anywhere that's ace and worth visiting (though
not necessarily twee).

That is all.  I'm off to get drunk.

Robster

P.S.  My last post fell into a black hole so my
apologies if another post beating the P.E. thread to
death turns up unexpectedly.