Sinister: jupiter, the bringer of jollity...

FrugalSyntax33 at xxx.com FrugalSyntax33 at xxx.com
Sat Jan 22 22:43:29 GMT 2000

hello, my new dearest friends...

this weekend has been a refreshing time for me.

my friend and i went to cbgb's yesterday in nyc out of boredom and were of
course the youngest ones there.  we thought there might be an exciting show
going on, but it turned out to be the 2nd rock 'n roll circus.  the best way
to describe it:  weird.
it started out with a sleater-kinney like band, which were decent, i have to
admit.  next came two random dancers, which lasted all of 2 minutes.  i have
to admit, it was hilarious to see people who wanted to go to the back of the
club try to get past them.
right after them was a "comedian" with a little jazz thing going on in the
background, who was extremely annoying and frustrating.  he held a "homeless
doll" and had random rants on nothing.  the people around me were making fun
of him splendously though.  it was more amusing than what was going on on
stage.  after this came another band called "2nd ex-beatle to die."  they
were horrible.  i even blocked out the annoying repetitive line from their
last song out of my memory, it was that bad.  after this was a random woman
who said that all girls should continue living their lives being submissive
to men, and some of the women in the audience cheered.  ack.  the last band
we saw were called "guttergirl."  they were watchable at least, some good
lyrics.  i believe i started falling asleep at that point.
it was midnight at that point and my friend and i were sadly forced to go
back to long island, considering my parents decided to give me a curfew of 2
a.m. for once.  i guess the cold drives some people crazy.
oh yes, here are some parts of the show i left out:  there were random movies
playing during all of this "excitement."  they were basically cheesy movies
made by somebody from the club in the 80's.  there were also "fitness" videos
being played, which i gander were sad attempts to either be like pornos(but
not, of course), or to parody them.  sadly, neither attempt worked.
i was also thrilled at being served alcohol, even though it was pretty weak
and the person cut me off after the first drink.  if she's a b&s fan and
happens to be on this list, thank you very much.  even though nobody would've
known if i was drunk off my ass or not, for i have a pretty high tolerance
level.  :).
so that was my exciting night last night.  hope you enjoyed the account.

i woke up this morning to hear my parents complaining about my lack of effort
in school.  they found out i've handed another paper in two days late and
have grounded me from attending any shows such as cbgb's in the city until
the next interim report comes out-which will be around two months.  this
hurts me dearly, considering i was really starting to like the idea of
getting off my ass and leaving this computer and town during the weekends..
oh well, looks like i'm back to where i started.  i guess i need some form of
motivation, but this is just awful.  somebody save me.  please.

i believe this has also helped me though.  i've started to become interested
in art again.  i haven't felt this way since the summer...but i sort of lost
my interest in everything since that time...i don't wish to go into that now,
but i believe i'm finally becoming better now.  i've looked at my favorite
old art history textbooks(which happen to be mostly my mother's), i've
regained my love for art, especially rococo.  i'm going to the frick
collection tomorrow with my mother.  it should be fun, actually.  i haven't
been to a museum in months, sadly enough.

as of this moment, i'm going to continue listening to the planets suite and
look at more rococo art, woo.
hope all of you darlings had fun reading this.
amy.

*erica wanted me to say this...her and honey are currently having a lesbian
romp.  meow!