Sinister: i can't ever think of good subject lines...and this one's no different

rachel tucker rachel at xxx.uk
Sun Jan 23 20:01:30 GMT 2000

hello to you all, and especially the two of you who have made me your list
crush! -you know who you are, and i know who *one* of you is...;-)

i went out last night. this is not a reason for posting in itself, though it
has become a bit of a rare occurrence lately, y'know, lack of money, boyf,
stitch to wear, that kind of thing. anyway, i was dancing the night away (3
primal scream songs! wicked!) like you do, everyone getting into it, when
the dj plays the new oasis single.

i have never seen a dance floor clear so rapidly. those who couldn't get
into the bar stood around sullenly, topping up on their nicotine levels.
obviously i permitted myself a small chuckle - how the mighty have fallen
and all that - but looking around, i was saddened.

i owe oasis quite a lot. stop sniggering! before they swaggered into my life
i was completely unaware of music that wasn't take that, nkotb, kylie etc.
and yeah, my love for take that is everlasting, but oasis...they opened
doors, expanded horizons. they were mind blowing.

it was a brief but passionate affair. i only own 'definitely maybe' and a
handful of singles, i was already bored of the band by '...morning glory'.
it's been hilarious to watch their collapse. but still...i owe them, they
deserve more than a patronising sneer from me.

oh well, i'm sure noel & liam aren't bothered...

meanwhile, alexander borgia, i take my hat off to you. to make my already
smutty post (though, i hasten to add, it wasn't exactly *my* smut) even
smuttier is a triumph! i look forward to more quality analysis from bear,
bear, bear, and nephew, and son...

lovin' and leavin' you

rachel xxx